1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really like this guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jostle100, Aug 25, 2011.

1. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm pretty sure that I'm gay and I started Middle School a few days ago. Lots of new people. I really love them but I barely know them. They're twins and 1 goes to my math and the other one comes to my social studies class. He sits right across me in social studies. All I know is their names, I don't know any background information or even their last name. They are both really hot, I didn't even talked to them yet. I don't know if they're gay but I just stare at them all day. I don't have to hump or anything as being gay, just hugging and kissing. What should I do?

2. TheAnonymity

Let me give you some advice I learned in middle school.

If you don't know for certain that they're gay, then don't go after them. 99% of the time they will turn out to be straight.

Sorry to crush your hopes, but it's the reality.

3. Noir

In middle school, even people who consider themselves as "gay" are still just getting used to their new skin and in a way are still in the "experimental stage." Even if you think you swing one way, it's not necessarily always gonna be that way. Although this doesn't just imply that you could change from gay to straight, it also means that some guys who always believed themselves to be straight will find out they are gay. :wink:

I agree that I wouldn't advise you to go after anyone in particular unless you know for sure they'd be okay with it. Be careful, though--a lot of times a guy will say he's bisexual when he's really not.

4. Marlowe

Welcome to EC! This is an awesome community where you can get all of your questions answered, hopefully, and you can learn a lot by browsing through the threads, where members have shared their experiences -- good and bad.

Are you out yet? It sounds like you are still trying to figure out what is going on, which is good. Take as much time as you need. It took me a decade, some need much less, some need much more. Knowing more about where you are in the process of coming out would help us give you better advice

Still, having gone to middle school, having cousins in middle school now, and having worked with them in a school setting, I will tell you that your average middle school is often not an easy place to be different, but perhaps you are lucky and yours is not average. If you still are trying to figure out where your sexual orientation lies, however, I would suggest that you are thinking too far ahead, especially if you don't even know these guys.

I think that for anyone faced with this situation, the best thing to do is to get to know them as friends. If they turn out to be gay, great! and if not, you've made new friends (and hot ones at that).

Everyone on EC is here to help, you need only ask.

5. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks that made me feel a lot better. I'll try to make friends with them. Problem is that we can't talk in class and we just don't have time between periods. It be great to have them as friends too, it just that I'm not really social. I guess I could hug them if we were friends too. One really cool talent that I can do is that I can dream what I want to dream and do what I want in my dream, so I'll be dreaming about them tonight, haha.

6. ezkill

Jostle100, I discovered I was gay in the 5th grade. I had a lot of trouble making friends ever since I hit puberty. Middle school is very turbulent emotionally and socially. I probably wouldn't confront them to ask them if they are gay or not, but it always helps to try and make new friends, especially in such a new place and time in your life.

Have you thought about joining any clubs or sports? I wish I did that in middle school, and I probably would have had tons of "hot" friends if I did!

By the way, at your age, many boys (and girls) experiment sexually. Who knows what could happen, but I don't want to encourage you into a bad situation... Take time to explore yourself, who you are and who you like.

Good luck, and congrats on a new chapter in your life.

7. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i think coming out in middleschool, especially in 6th grade i'm assuming, would probably not be the best of ideas. also depending on where you are even just hugging guys could mean bullying. i fortunately live in a very lgbt freindly place, and if you live similiarly might not be so bad. also at such a young age you probably havnt really hit puberty yet, so you may want to wait a while before do something you might regret later.i'm not trying to be such a downer, just being realistic. good luck put there!

8. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Middle school is a tough time for a lot of people. I don't think you should do anything about this guy and rather look but don't touch. Everyone is just going through puberty and I don't think a lot of people at that age know exactly what they want. Take things slow and definitely think everything out. There's no need to rush into anything. Good luck in middle school and remember, you'll have lots of crushes later on. You're just getting started. :slight_smile:

9. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    how is hugging bullying?

10. ijustdontknow90

I'm not saying that you're not gay, but I think middle school is way too early to say definitively if you are gay or straight. A lot of hormones are flowing right now. Don't try to dismiss same-sex attractions, but at the same time, be open to other attractions. In a few years you'll know for sure.

11. Mad Man L

Middle School is a bit too early. You'll generally start to feel that something is different about now (if you're gay), but it doesn't necessarily mean your gay.

That being said, stay away from guys all together unless you know they're gay. In the short term it is hard, but saves long-term pain.

12. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've known gayness since I was in 3rd grade (haha) and in 4th grade, I was pretty sure I was gay. Should I still wait, if so, how many more years? the guy doesn't have too much friends either and we doesn't seem really talkative; just like me. I almost got a chance to talk with him.
    We were walking on this assignment and the teacher called people who were done outside and told us to help people that weren't done. I was done but before I could get to him, someone else already did. Missed my chance.. :-( just to talk with him...

#12 jostle100, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  13. TheAnonymity

While it is true that most kid's realization of being gay comes later in life, many gay people typically experience puberty earlier than straight people do, and also gifted children like I was process emotions and thoughts more deeply. I was sure that my being gay wasn't going away within a few months after I started feeling like that. Unfortunately I went into depression shortly after that :frowning2:

But that's what happens if your brain processes emotions more deeply as a gifted kid, at least it was in my situation.

#13 TheAnonymity, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  14. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did go to gifted when I was in 5th, not sure if they have it 6th. I already started puberty. I'm only in 6th and I started puberty, so would that make me gay? I also think I might be bi. Never liked a girl before except for one. I'm not really popular in school and the girls never talk to me (I didn't care) except for one. She was really nice and talks to me almost everyday. Otherwise I don't have feeling for any girls except her. I think I'm 80% gay and 20% straight.

15. TheAnonymity

Sexuality isn't clear cut. Go to Google and search Kinsey Scale. I'm a type 6. Just because you started puberty earlier than many does not make you gay. Only you can know for sure. Reply if you have any more questions.

16. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

First off, the thought that you can be too young to know for sure if you are gay or not is just false. From what we know, sexuality is set from a very young age and its definitely possible to know if you are gay or not by middle school. If you have had these feelings for a while and had the need to find a support website to deal with them, then more than likely you are probably gay and there is nothing wrong with that :slight_smile:

As for your question, I agree with everyone else in that its best that you don't go for any guys that you are not completely sure that they are gay. Middle school is a pretty tough age to be out and find someone to date, so I would say that its best to try and not focus too much on dating right now. Focus on your studies, friends and enjoying yourself. You will have plenty of time later on to date as little or as much as you please :slight_smile:

If you want to make friends with them then go for it, but also try to make friends with other people as well.

17. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just can't stand it. He sits right across me and I can't help but stare.

18. TheAnonymity

If you really can't help it, then try not to creep him out. Chances are he's straight so don't embarrass yourself by seeming like 'that creepy kid' in the first days of middle school. Good luck.

19. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    haha, okay. He has never talked to me and vice versa. Only one who talked to me was in math class and before we got assigned seats he sat right across me in math. All he said was "do you have your tab dividers?" :lol:. Which I didn't. I never seen him talk to any girls and he doesn't have much friends either (looks like it)

20. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The guy that sits across me in social studies has been sick for 2 days, it makes me feel so sad.