1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The day I almost came out at Disneyland... in Japan.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wylde, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Wylde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I recently got back from an AMAZING trip to Japan with a group of AMAZING people. We stayed in host homes with a family and another person from the exchange (I was paired up with one of my best friends in the whole word, so it was awesome). It was so much fun to be there and be imersed in the culture.

One of the tours we did with the entire group of students from Canada was to go to Tokyo Disneyland, which is basically like Disneyland in California, except everything is in Japanese.

My firends and I ended up getting really bored of it all by the time lunch rolled around, but we still tried to keep each other amused. We ended up at the large restaurant in Tomorrow Land, where they served french fires and stuff. Once we finished eating we gathered around near one of the doors while we waited for a few people to use the washroom (HUGE LINEUPS oh my god).

While we were sitting around, we ended up talking about periods. Now, in my group of friends there are a wide variety of people, but most of us are pretty open about talking (and complaining) about that kind of thing. So, one thing led to another, and someone laughingly brought up the topic that all the woman's bathrooms there had a small urinal in them. These are of course for the little boys who go into the washroom with their moms, but someone jokingly said that it might be Disney trying to be nice for transgendered people. I laughed, we all laughed and then turned the topic onto that.

Mardi told us that Disney will pay for their transgendered employees' surgery. Top surgery, bottom surgery. I commented that that was pretty cool, because honestly, it is. One of my friends asked what the heck 'bottom surgery' was. So I, being me, instantly started explaining everything I knew about it. We all laughed at my friend's reaction, because it was pretty priceless, and then this conversation happened.

Phoenix: "How DO you know so much about that?"
    Me: "Oh, because I'm tra- uh. uh. The internet!"

I came about /this/ close to coming out to them. Not sure if I'm glad I caught myself or not.
    At least I now know that my friends are okay and open to transgendered people, so once I'm ready to come out to them I don't have to worry about a terrible reaction!

2. StarofMiyu

I giggled xD. But at the same time....いじわるいじわるいじわるいじわるいじわるいじわるいじわる): あたしはあなたが嫌いだよ~ *giggle* I wanna go to Japannnnnnnnnn ;_;

3. Leif

Dang I was hoping I could find a clip on youtube, but since I can't, that made me think of that show Fairly Odd Parents. Excuse for everything "uhh.... The Internet!"
    But on the plus side, it's true like you said, at least you know your friends are open minded. :icon_bigg That in itself is pretty dang good news.

4. Noir

I agree! Lol, you're better than I would have been--if someone backs me into a corner with questioning, I typically spill my guts. XD

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Don't worry too much about the fact that you couldn't wuite get it and focus on the fact that you are this close to doing it. Plus, you will probably have amazing friends by your side :slight_smile:

Sounds like you had a fun trip btw!

6. Zeketra

Zeketra Guest

:***: yeah! disneyland!!!! 8D!

Your friends seem pretty cool, telling them might be ok in the end! Though... of course, its nothing to rush >.<

7. Katelynn

OMG, they really need to build a Disneyland in Canada now. And I NEED to get a job there. I would totally love if someone was willing to pay for my bottom surgery other than OHIP, plus it would save me a LOT of time. Then once I'm done, I can go out into the park dressed as Ariel The Little Mermaid for my job! Jasmine would be my second choice & Anastasia my third!

8. Wylde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, so much to reply to! I'll try to do it all at once... let's see.

My friends are pretty awesome. It might come from the fact that two of them are openly bisexual and one of them is lesbian. I've not really had much fear of telling them, it's just that I'm not ready for the rest of the world to know. The internet is PRETTY MUCH my excuse for all my random knowledge on pointless (or not so pointless) topics. I'm a well of useless knowledge! It's super nice to know they're open to all kinds of things, though. It looks like I made good choices in the circle of friends I hang out with. C:

About the Disneyland thing, I'm not sure if Mardi was 100% on that, but I do know that Epcot (in Orlando's Disneyworld) will hire people from different countries to work the pavillions there. So when you go to the Canadian pavillion, it's all Canadians and so on. Plus, disney hires from all over the world! (I've looked into it xD) By the way, to all those interested, I'd want to be the one to dress up as Peter Pan. Even if I hate that movie, I could totally fit the part of the 'forever-young boy' better than most guys I've seen do it. >3>

And my trip was AMAZING, to all those who were wondering. Japan is a great country, I suggest going.

9. StarofMiyu

soooo cruel