1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel physical and emotionally drained but happy:)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JudgeDredd, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JudgeDredd

I feel like I've gone a long way today but I still feel like I have a long way left to go.

So there was a student activities fair at school today so I decided to go find the GSA, I found it and decided to find out more about it. There didn't appear to be anyone at that table to talk to about it (or maybe I was just so nervous I just didn't notice) there was a sign up sheet on the table so I put my name and contact info on it (I was freaking out the entire time but I felt way better about it after I did it).

I was texting a friend of mine and he started giving me crap about anything and everything (as usual) he started making gay jokes, so I told him that I'm gay. He didn't believe me at all. He thought I was messing with him. (I still don't think he believes me).

So I decided to tell another friend of mine who knows the other guy. He believed me and was totally ok with it. I kinda figured he would be considering he had a gay roommate last year and was fine with it. He told the other guy I wasn't kidding, so I don't know if he still doesn't believe me or if hes just messing with me know. I honestly don't care anymore. He can believe what he wants.

After all this I feel happy but for some reason its not the same feeling I had when I came out to the first four people (these two make six btw). But it could be because a lot happened and I feel really drained, physically and emotionally, so I don't know what to think.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Woot, two more people! :slight_smile:

The more you come out the easier it gets, which also means that with time it will also stop being a big deal to come out to people. The reaction or feelings you might have after coming out might also decrease in intensity the more you do it. Keep at it :slight_smile: