1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to practically all of my school now :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Heyitsme, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it's been a while since I've really been able to post a coming out story, so I think I'll make an update today.

Ever since the end of my junior year of high school back in June, I've come out to about 5friends one on one. I've started to be myself more, even before coming out to people, in order to get them to ask. All 5 of those ones went really well: 1 being indifferent (which is okay too :slight_smile:), 3 being super supportive, and 1 telling me that she was somewhat bisexual :slight_smile:

On Friday, I participated in the Anti-Homophobia Day Facebook event (drawing a rainbow on your hand for the day). I took it even further and wrote things like "Proud to be gay. Is that a problem?" on my arm as well. So most of my school either saw it or will soon hear about it from someone (I'm in a school of about 120, so gossip spreads VERY fast). I got a little bit of hate from middle schoolers, but I put them in their place :slight_smile:

But then there was my mom. She doesn't yet know that I say that I'm gay (I wouldn't let her or my dad see my arm Friday), but she knows I did the event, so she was a little bit upset. She says she doesn't mind what my sexual orientation ends up being, but that I'm too young to worry about it right now (I'm 18 in less than 2 months...). Plus the fact that we live on an Air Force Base makes her worry about me alot, but we're gonna be talking about this more, and hopefully I can at least get her to sympathize with my viewpoints.

So that's it for me so far. :slight_smile:

2. Sounds like it's going pretty well for you at the moment :slight_smile:
    Congrats on coming out at school!

3. george678

Congrats to you. It will be easier from now on.

I hope your Mum comes round. :slight_smile:

4. StarofMiyu

Too young? Most people aren't virgins at 14. Try again mom xD

5. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

I am soo jealous of you right now. I wish I had your courage....
    And congrats. :slight_smile:

6. BenIsScared

Wow, that took a lot of guts! Nice work! And good luck with your mom!

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! Also, good luck with your mom. I don't understand why she thinks that 18 is too young to know your sexual orientation though.... I'm 18 also so it kinda confuses me.

8. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, guys!
    I don't understand her reasoning either. Seeing as my sister has been dating guys since she was 15 and my mom didn't seem to mention anything then :dry: I think I'll wait until next time she brings up girls/guys with me for me to talk to her about this again. Hopefully it's pretty soon (while I still have the courage to do it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    So far, this hasn't really been an issue at my school yet. I'm still not completely sure who knows and who doesn't, but I'm just gonna keep being myself because there's no longer any reason not to. They're all gonna know anyway.