1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too awkward, need help...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by zoezoewriter, Sep 5, 2011.

1. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I'm bi. I can't help think about how unbarably awkward it would be coming out to a boyfriend who's straight or a girlfriend who's lesbian. I think I might have to deal with one of these soon... Any suggestions?
    :help: :help: :help: :help:

2. Daisy1

Well, I told my boyfriend I was bisexual and he really didn't think it was a big deal. He asked if it would have any impact on our relationship and was really only upset that I had kept it a secret.

I can't speak for coming out to a lesbian girlfriend, but there's certainly a stereotype (I'm not sure how truthful) that the gay community is less welcoming towards bisexuals. Perhaps other ECers can weigh in on that.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been dealing with the same thing... I just told the guy that I liked the other day (on accident, I forgot who I was talking too..) So... I'm hoping that this does not screw it up too much..

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am gay but I wouldnt care if I was dating someone that is bisexual, just because they like guys and girls doesnt mean they are going to cheat on you, they will either be faithful or not, I am just as likely to get a lesbian girlfriend that cheats on me. If they dont want to date you because you are bisexual, then they are not the right person for you, you shouldnt have to hide who you are.

5. Fiddledeedee

Maybe if you tell your potential boy/girlfriend that you are bi before you begin to go out wiht them, so they can decide if they feel comfortable with you?

6. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Experience has taught me well that orientation has nothing to do with whether they'll cheat, so I would have no problem with dating a bisexual. :slight_smile: