1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just came out...so nervous!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Andane, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Andane

Yeah, I just told my best friend over WoW then promptly logged off. I swear I had my finger hovering over the enter key for fifteen minutes. I know he'll understand but I'm still shaking and nervous to get back on and talk to him. God this is the most nerve-wracking moment of my life. Hopefully things'll get better from here on out though.

2. pronua

I came out to one of my close friends on a different online game, and he took it well and sometimes jokingly flirts with me and acts really cute :slight_smile:

3. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cool that you came out!! I still cant find the courage to do it :S

4. Gallatin

Awesome! Way to go for having the courage to do it!! :thumbsup:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! I know what it's like to have your finger just hover above that enter button... I came out to a few of my friends on the internet as well.

6. b222g

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I sent an email to my brother the other day. I know what you mean about hesitating about sending! But what a relief! Hope it goes as well as it did with my bro!!!!
    Congrats!

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Woot! Congrats on pressing that enter key!! :slight_smile:

I actually also started my coming out process in WoW haha

I'm sure everything will go well :slight_smile:

Oh, and welcome to EC!!

8. HantsBen

9. MusicMan12

OMG i know that feeling where you want to but you can't and then you press enter and you're like "what did i just do?". Eventually, you'll realize that you did the right thing. The feelings of regret will go away! Congrats!!!!

10. plaid900

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! I came out to quite a few friends over email, and can relate to that hestiation too :slight_smile:

Like others have said, the feeling of regret will go away! But maybe be a little mentally prepared for some anxiety for a few days. After I told the first person ever (only 2 months ago), I had huge knots in my stomach for about the next 2 days. I just had to get used to the fact that someone else in the world knew my biggest 'secret'. But eventually it goes away. And it gets easier to tell every person. I'm now totally out and life is good! Kind of cliche, but I promise you it gets easier and better :slight_smile:

Congrats again!

11. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember accidentally telling my friend over WoW I was gay, he thought I was kidding for a few moments then promptly told me that he was also gay and was even married. Even after I quit we still keep in contact ^.^

You should probably talk to your friend some about it but congratulations on coming out to him =)

12. Lebowski45

Man I can really relate to having everything typed out, reading it, re-reading it, reading it again......and then almost daring yourself to press the "enter" button. I told quite a few people over msn and by text, its such an adrenaline rush when you finally press the button and you know there's no going back, its sent, and they'll know. But its also extremely liberating and the relief was tremendous.

Congratulations man! Its a big step you've taken, that takes courage. Also welcome to EC :grin:

13. Andane

Thanks everyone =) yeah, the next time I talked to him neither of us wanted to bring up the elephant in the room, but in the end, he took it really well. I'm sure there will still be some awkwardness come Monday when I see him at school again though. I honestly thought i'd chicken out again, but somehow I managed to go through with it =/