1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The time I realized I'm gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kunglaomksm, Sep 19, 2011.

1. kunglaomksm

I know this sounds stupid but yeah I'm totally 100% gay right from my childhood, I just didn't know it yet. And it came to just one word "masturbation". I mean I discovered it when I was 8 years old but with no substance yet(fantasies I mean) and kinda ignorant about 'sex'. But then after some time my fantasies grew larger and I remembered that it's all about my boy crush that time(when I was 10). Of course this was the time I discovered the true meaning 'gay'. And then the long process of denial stage came. And when college time came it really put me into depression(we in the lgbt community always experienced or still experiencing this inevitable depression). And then I discovered the power of the internet, and it made me surpass the denial stage and accept who I am and that being gay is not as bad as I think it is then. And after that, the acceptance stage came where I made some friends(gay friends) on the internet(not on the gay dating sites). Well, you see I made a gay love story and I posted on the internet(I don't remember what site) and of course I've got some feedback from my readers and they made me feel somewhat accepted and praised. And then after that I already built my self confidence so much that I decided to came out to my mom on a public restaurant! I even cried the whole time I was saying everything I felt. And bless my mom she's very supportive of me and of coincidence she recently watched 'Prayers For Bobby' before I came out too her and she was like "I don't want you to feel what Bobby felt". I love her so much :icon_bigg. Then after a couple of days, I came out to my dad and of course he was shocked but with all his might he tried not to show it and told me "I'm glad you told me. Did that made you feel better?" And I said yes while imagining myself doing this--->(!). And of course we had the 'father and son talk' and after that all is back to normal. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

So guys at what time did you think your 'gay gene' already appeared in you? I mean you don't know you're gay yet back then but now you realized that from that time you're really are gay.

PS: I know I already posted my story on some of my posts but I just want to share it all over again to boost some of our friends here in EC who are still in denial stage.

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Omg Woot

3. Gallatin

Thanks for sharing!! :slight_smile:

I had my first crush on a guy when I was 11. I didn't find out what gay meant until a year or two later.

4. jimL

When I started coming out last June the first thing that most people asked me was how old were you when you knew you were gay? I was saying that I thought that I was 13 or 14. Then I went back and looked at my grade school pictures I found the first guy that I had a crush on. I was 11. Damn was he cute.