1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did he just figure it out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by King Gandora, Sep 23, 2011.

1. King Gandora

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, so I think that one of my friends figured out I am gay, but not so sure. We were at our school's softball game watching a couple of our friends play and just hanging out, when he saw my rainbow anklet I made. Now this anklet is very hard to spot because It gets covered up by my shoe so the only way to see it is to directly look down my shoe. When he saw it he said, and I quote, "That is a fricken sweet anklet... so is it a secret or something?" Thankfully my other friend interupted the convo before I could respond, but it kinda shocked me. I don't act very flamboyant and it is not very obvious, just a few things here and there. So I guess my real question is, do you think he meant secret as to being gay, having the anklet, or being a supporter? I know he would accept me because his older brother is gay, but still. So what do you guys think because I am seriously getting nervous. :confused:

2. TraceElement

It's hard to know exactly what is going on in his head, but it does appear that he is at least curious about why you are wearing it, and is questioning if you are gay. I think that if you are comfortable, text, email, call, or tell him face to face something like "hey, we didn't get to finish the conversation at the softball game, but I am gay... and I would like it to be between us until I am comfortable with everyone knowing." He does have a gay brother, so is very likely to not shun you as a friend and could be a very good ally and support for you in the coming out process.

3. Marlowe

I am kind of curious as to why you are nervous. Does the idea of him knowing make you uncomfortable? is it just the fact that you don't know if he knows you just want it to be one way or another? It is also possible that he just thought it was a sweet anklet, didn't make the connection, and just wanted to know why he hadn't seen it before. Its hard to say what he meant because I suspect that a lot more was conveyed in the tone of the second part than in the words.

4. King Gandora

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Marlowe: I am nervous because he is known to tell others something he was told in confidence, so I am just worried he might tell someone. And his whole facial expression just screamed, do you have something to tell me, so That's why I am pretty sure he was asking if I am gay.

TraceElement: I decided to send him a Facebook message asking him what he meant by "is it a secret." also, there is this annual teen dance tonight that we are both going to, so if he doesn't respond by then I will talk to him then.

5. george678

Hello there,

I think there is a real possibility. He is accepting of his brother he may have looked into what his brother went through. If not he would almost certainly know about the LGBT flag. The same colors you wore on your ankle.

It's good that you sent him that message, either way he is going to be supportive of you. I would say there is a very good chance he knows yes.

- George.

6. HantsBen

Me personally would have waited until I next saw him and if he didnt mention it then neither would I

7. cityofangels

cityofangels Guest

"So is it a secret or something?" From what he said it sounds like he suspects you may be gay. Pretty much everyone knows what the rainbow stands for. It could just mean he thinks you are a supporter, but I doubt it. The way he worded it makes me think he knows.

8. King Gandora

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Soooo, I finally got to talk to him at a bonfire this weekend because the stupid message didn't send. I asked him about it when we all started heading towards the food, and he said he was asking if it was a secret that I was a supporter. So yeah, kinda depressing. :frowning2:

Plus, I didn't get a chance to come out to him as we were around everyone we know,there was no place to go for us to talk, and he left like 15 minutes after the first conversation.