1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The first time I came out to some one

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hidinginalabama, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Hidinginalabama

The first time I came out to some one was my cousin. He had just got in town and was planning on moving to Birmingham. He and I went to this bar down by my house. ( lived with my parents at the time) He and I started talking about a lot of stuff and for some reason I wanted to come out to him. So I asked him if he could keep a secret from my family. And of Corse he said yes. So then I told him that I was gay. He looked at me and started to laugh. Then when I looked at him he stop and said oh your serous. I said yes. The next words out of his mouth was I didn’t think you would be the one. (Side note I have a twin brother.) He said that would have put half a years pay that it would have been my brother and not me. I started to laugh myself. Then we just keep talking about it all night. I was so happy that I had some one to share what was going on in my life. That was three weeks ago and it looks like I’m not keeping it a secret as well as I want. My sister has asked my cousin three times if I came out to him and thank god he is lying for me. And now she wont stop asking me. I want to tell her but I know if I do she wont keep it a secret like I need to right now. But all and all I’m so happy that I have some one to talk to about face to face. It really helps.

I hope every one has some one like this when they are at the point that I am.(!)

2. Gallatin

Congratulations for telling him! Thanks for sharing your story. :thumbsup:

3. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. george678

Well done! (*hug*)

---------- Post added 25th Sep 2011 at 03:20 PM ----------

Alabama quite anti Gay is it where you are?

6. Hidinginalabama

Ya i live in Alabama and it is really anti gay. But im moving to chicago here soon. And just waiting to tell my family.