1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being 'outed' by somebody else ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rissyroo, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Rissyroo

Rissyroo Guest

Exactly one year ago today I told my then best 'friend' that I thought I was a lesbian and... Yeah. You can imagine where it went from there. I guess I'm feeling nostalgic today, ha, I really can't believe it's been so long -- It feels like I'm just actually figuring myself out.

Anyone else had this misfortune? Tell somebody your LGBTQ and they tell everyone else? ;c

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fortunately, no that didn't happen to me. I told the people I thought I could trust when I was in high school and they kept it to themselves. Since I am somewhat flamboyant, it was not hard for others to assume I was gay and ask me about it. Yeah, I got teased for it in the early years of high school but my last two years of high school no one cared. :slight_smile:

3. sanguine

i felt like my secret was gonna be soiled after telling my 2 best friends, cause one of them is a bloody clown and also annoying and he pretty much leaked my secret everywhere with his awkward inside jokes between us while we were out in public, at my place and at school!

hes just lucky i was a good liar and played natural through all of it cause i was on the verge of chopping him every time, even when i came out to my parents he shows up the next day and asks me in a not so subtle way "did you tell em your queer?"

what made it worst is my dad blames him for not being masculine enough as a friend and therefore somehow influencing me, my mum thought he was my boyfriend!! YUCK!!

4. Mercy

Mercy Guest

One dsy i got my hair cut to butch and my bros like so ur a lesbian eh ?
    he hates me

5. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    One of my best friends was going off on a few boys that were making gay jokes ans she kept glancing at me the whole time. But then it got worse. They didn't listen and I chuckled at one of the jokes (I don't remember it, but it wasn't offensive really. It was actually quite funny) so one of the guys pointed at me and said something along the lines of "See N, she thinks it's funny." So then she started going off on him starting with "Oh, so now you're pointing at her because she's bisexual!?" Cue facepalm.

6. J Snow

Yeah, all of my good friends were straight guys. I didn't (and still really don't) feel very comfortable talking to straight guys about these kinds of issues, so instead I told a gay friend and a female friend who were not the closest friends I had. Well they told everybody. I just had a conversation where I came out to a friend last week and he told me he had already heard from 5 different people...

7. maverick

My brother outed me to my cousins at Thanksgiving by making a wisecrack about me being gay.

I was pissed.

8. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i outed my self on thanks giving (*hug*)

9. Noir

YES!!!!!!:tantrum:

One girl at my school who used to be friends with my sister always tends to "let it slip" whenever someone sets her up to out me!! It makes me so frustrated, I could just scream! I used to be on online forums with her and once we got into a really big fight because she always "let slip" my personal information!! She was the only one who knew me in real life, so she'd say that the birthday on my profile (for security reasons) wasn't my real birthday, and that I liked girls, and other things of that nature. All the time. And she would argue that it wasn't her fault, saying "It's not like I'm telling people 'you're really so-and-so and you go to This high school, and you're a lesbian!'" I would get so mad at her because--thanks to her--people knew she knew me, and they could draw conclusions from implications in what she said. They're not stupid, they'll figure it out!!

And she lied straight to my face about it--my best friend's ex-boyfriend was going out with me first, and thanks to this girl, he found out about me before our second date! :eusa_doh: I had been trial dating him to see if I could like a guy, but I couldn't. She said she didn't tell him (but she kept HEAVILY implying it all the way to a fast food place when we were walking with a group of friends after school one day, but during our second date, he told me she'd told him (when he asked her what all her implications were about and why it was freaking me out so much) that "she's not sure if she likes girls or not." I can't believe it!!

I even found out a few days ago after a gay friend of mine asked me if I was a lesbian that the word had spread a little more--the girl who had told him (and didn't know I wasn't comfortable with my orientation), Sara, said she'd been told by this girl about a year ago!! They'd been wondering who I was taking to Homecoming, and then she'd told Sara "Oh, she's a lesbian!" Sara apologized several times saying it had (surprise, surprise) slipped out and that I shouldn't be mad.

If that's true, who else has she "let it slip" to? When she could be really vague or even avoid my orientation all together, she just blurts it out!! I don't know what to do about it!! :bang:

10. Justme123

No, I was lucky enough to have some great friends. However, it really shouldnt matter! Ive learned that it simply isnt a big deal, and i now dont care who knows

11. King Gandora

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've got one of those friends.

This friend is a girl who thinks everytime we are around each other, we need to talk about my sexuality, even if we are in a huge crowd. Plus she thinks it is okay to talk about it in front of my little brother because he won't understand it. Ok 1 he is 12 and 2 he is the most sarcastic child I have ever met. So I have to pretty much shush her every other word she says.

12. RaeofLite

I had a few friends like that. I had to approach them and ask them nicely but firmly to please stop doing that because people tend to judge me before they get to know me based on my sexual orientation which isn't right. I asked them how they would feel if they were judged harshly before someone getting to know them first and they stopped.

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did, but I knew he was telling people so I started a back rumor (like a back fire) that he was mad at me catching him jerking off in the bathroom, so he was going around telling everyone I was gay.

Stopped it pretty quick

14. EM68

I was outed by a former co-worker. She showed a picture of me and my bf (now my husband) to everyone at the car dealership I used to work at. I stood my ground and di not try to hide it. I gained a lot of respect by my coworkers and it made her look real bad.

15. Beertruck

Hahahaha, yes. One time, I was talking to one of the people I work with about Pride (it was the week before NYC Pride) and I was like, "Oh, yeah, I was thinking about going but I've never been..." She straight up asked me if I was gay and I said yes.

So, that weekend, she was in the car with a lot of other people in my office and just blurted out, "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME BEERTRUCK WAS GAY?" From what I heard, the reaction in the car was something like "Hu-buh-WHAAAA?" It ended up being fine and very funny; I work for an arts organization in NYC so it's not like anyone would have any problem with it, but I just hadn't told them at that point. XD

16. flymetothemoon

My brother outed me to my parents. I know he had the best of intentions, but I was still really upset. Of course, I've forgiven him at this point, but sometimes I feel like the fact that I wasn't the one to tell them still comes in between me and my parents.