1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DhammaGamer, Oct 1, 2011.

1. DhammaGamer

So I have been having a lot of stress and anxiety lately regarding my sexual identity and the type of relationship I want to pursue. I'm taking some advice I read on another forum about "trying on gay." So today I woke up and decided "today, I am gay." And so far it is AMAZING. Every time I say it, I end up laughing and smiling, and it just feels "right."

I'm not purposely avoiding looking at women at all, it's just their more like "just people" to me right now. And when I see a cute guy I'm not punishing myself for taking a second look. It feels so liberating. I am having random memories from childhood suddenly coming to mind about a side of me that seems like it's been buried for years and years.

So far, I am really enjoying "being gay."

I just thought I would share.

<3

2. Zontar

Yeah, that's usually how it works.

I've acted more unabashedly "gay" myself in recent months, and I've felt so alive and terrific for doing so. Also, I've never particularly felt "sexy" playing straight. ><

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dhamma,

That's really great that you're "trying it on" and that it's seeming to fit for you. Isn't it interesting how once we address our conscious resistance and just try working on it, that it often opens a door to understanding?

I hope you find the rest of your day to be equally enlightening and enjoyable. Please keep us updated on what happens for you :slight_smile:

4. Bosco

Yay kudos to you!

I had the same kind of 'epiphany',
    but more along the lines of 'I'm Bosco today'
    (my name)

5. Katt

I'm a texan[: No.. we don't ride horses to school.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What a wonderful thing you've done for yourself, congratulations!! I'm very proud of you, and I'm very exited to hear that your "coming out" was as stellar as could be. Keep your spirits up, and the newly-gay butterflies will surely stick around. :] Much love!

6. JudgeDredd

That's pretty much what happened to me too. It just feels so right and you just feel like your true self comes out and it feels amazing! You'll also find that everything starts to make way more sense and hopefully everything starts to fall into place!

7. DhammaGamer

"everything starts to fall into place!"

That's the hard part. I know I'm gay. I know it. It feels right. But I still live with my girlfriend.

It's so difficult.

8. JudgeDredd

Getting to that place is my no means easy. But once you get there its amazing. But you've done the hardest part in figuring out that you are gay and it feels right. Everything should go better from here. There will be bumps along the way. I'm not much farther then you but I already feel so much better and everything is starting to make sense. You'll get there in time.