1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What has happened so far

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by whencanIbeme, Oct 5, 2011.

1. whencanIbeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well, a little over a year ago, a family friend bumped into me at a park in a different state, and she was so hot, it really flustered me, because i remember her as my little sister's 13 year old friend, not this grown woman and mother. So i was telling my little sister this, and so she said "so like, you are gay" (she had known i was questioning my sexuality for quite a while) and i just said yeah, she was sooo hot.

then i had a chat with my older sister, and just bit the bullet and said, i don't like boys.. she is the type of person to just hold back her thoughts and feelings.. so i dunno what she was thinking, but she really didn't say anything about it. but later, seeing my background on my laptop and my ipod were rainbows, her face just kinda lit up like "yeah, got it"

so like a day after that, i was IM'ing with my mom, and she just asked (although i have no idea what we were talking about before that) and i just said yeah. she didn't believe me for a week. i had to freak out over almost coming out to the rest of the family at dinner.. and she saw the look on my face and talked to me later and finally believed me.

then i told my gay brother that i just came out to my mom.. he was like WTF?! and i reminded him that he already knew i was questioning.. and he was upset that i didn't tell him sooner, but i had to tell him that he does have a big mouth.. and that i wanted to be the one to tell.

thanksgiving of last year, we had planned on going to my gay brother's home to have dinner with him and his partner at the time.. and before hand, i had kindly asked them not to say anything about my sexuality, because i just wasn't ready yet. but before the meal, the partner needed a ride to pick up a rental car, and my dad drove him.. this is where i believe i was outed by the partner. because on the drive home from thanksgiving, my dad made some specific references to my gender preference. and i was just mortified.

So now i am in the process of telling my younger brother. i really don't think it will be a huge deal, but i just can't seem to find the right way to say it, i really don't want to sound stupid.

2. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good luck! Being outed really sucks. Still, I hope everything works out for you!