1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to another friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Katelynn, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Katelynn

So yesterday I was chatting with my friend on FB, & she & I got to talking about how busy college was for both of us. Then we started chatting about why I hadn't been on my FB for awhile, & this is the conversation we had. Sort of was an unplanned thing, but it was a little bit of a relief to tell the truth!

Me: hmm, not much else going on here. got some heavy personal stuff ive been dealing with, but im not going to go into that as it may freak you out
    My friend: Dude, there is very little that freaks me out
    Me: i came out at the end of June as transgender. ive been living with it my whole life & just hit a point where I couldnt keep not dealing with it...
    see? probably freaking right now...
    My friend: I'm not freaking out lol
    Me: ill understand if you cant deal
    My friend: I'm looking it up because I'm not sure what it means
    Me: female brain in a male body
    My friend: ahh ok
    Me: i plan to transition while im in college. talked to a counsellor yesterday at the college & i guess im not even the first to do it at lambton.
    been wanting to tell you & Deb for a bit, but wasnt sure how you guys would handle it
    My friend: what do you mean by transition?
    Me: in a nutshell, im female, so I want to transition to my true gender. see? freaky…
    My friend: so you want to have the surgery to become a woman?
    Me: yes
    My friend: oh ok I understand, and I am not freaking out, I think that is totally cool actually
    Me: really? it'll be a while before you see any real changes to me tho. i still have to sort out how to pay for therapy since i found out yesterday that the student insurance wont cover it
    Me: so if im out to deb when we get together, at least we'll have something to chat about the 3 of us...
    My friend: can I ask a question? lol
    Me: yep
    My friend: So do you want to do the surgery then sleep with guys? Or women?
    My friend: lol see above :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Me: well, thats the other thing. when i came out as trans, i also came out as a lesbian as well. so on top of this, im now also gay too
    im going to my first PFLAG meeting tomorrow night.
    My friend: well I just want you to know that I am totally supportive of you in this hard time hun ♥
    Me: thanks hope deb is the same if i can work up the courage to tell her
    My friend: goodness, is that why you've been wanting to hang with us so bad lately? Aww sweetie I'm sorry :frowning2: but I'm totally here for you
    Me: a little bit. anyway i have to go, but if you want we can chat about things more later
    My friend: definitely hun *hugs*
    Me: *hugs* thanks for understanding!

So now, I'm hoping that my other friend Deb will be cool, since Nikki & her hang out a lot I don't think it would be too much of an issue, but still, I'm a bit nervous about telling her still...

Overall, one more friend that I'm out to, so one more person that I'll have for support when I really start to get deep into my transition! (!)(!)(!)

2. seeksanctuary

That's great. :] I'm happy it went well for you, and I hope things continue to improve! Good luck telling your friend Deb.

3. J Snow

That's awesome, there's nothing like coming out to someone and having it go well =)

4. Gallatin

Yay! I'm glad your friend took it well!!

5. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congrats! It seems like that went really well. I am happy for you! :grin:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!!

7. 11 11 11

Wow o.o

You probably don't need me to tell you how awesome that situation was, seeing as you were in it. All I can say is, isn't it amazing how happy we can be when we're wrong?

_

8. Doctor Faustus

YES!!!!
    (*hug*)