1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out story.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by NicoleAG, May 11, 2006.

1. NicoleAG

Hello,I am Nicole and here is my story how I came out and I told my parents.I was nervous at first.It goes like this:
    I was 16 years old at the time.I was awake from a nap recovering from the flu.My mother comes in checking on me and I ask if my father was home yet?She said yes and asked why.I told her that I had to come out about something and I need to get this "monkey" off my back.Luckily my father came home and we all went into the living room.My parents ask me what is it now you need to come out about?I did finally told them.I told them this:Mom,dad I am a lesbian and I like girls.My parents did respond and it was positive.My parents told me that I am their daughter and they still love me,they wanted to see me happy.They did accept this and became supportive.My parents still accept that I am a lesbian and are still supportive.They see I am happy still.

I do have a girlfriend Alexis in my life and we have been together for 4 years now.I do love her with all my heart.My parents like my girlfriend since they know she treats them with respect.

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

First, a HUGE welcome Nicole. (&&&)....i hope you'll enjoy your time at EC. Second, im very happy your parents reacted well. Thats always a marvellous step. Third, a 4 year girlfriend? Wow, seems like you got it made.

Again, welcome.

3. nisomer

heart warming story...love it!

oh and welcome to ec :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

4. TriBi

Yes - a big welcome "Hi" Nicole.

Sounds like it all went pretty well - good to see that some people do have really supportive parents.:slight_smile:

5. NicoleAG

My parent want to see me happy and they do see that.I knew when I was 9 or 10 years old that I was attracted to girls.My girlfriend Alexis is a very caring and loving person that treats me right.My parents do go to a support for parents of gay and lesbian children by one of my mother's co workers and they say this,We are proud parents of a lesbian daughter.Rest of my family does know and they are 100% supportive.When my Aunt Beth and Uncle Charles heard I came out,thye told my that they were glad I came out instead of hiding this

6. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Yay for pride, yay for acceptance!

7. live805

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    it makes me happy to see that there are accepting people like your parents out there.
    congratulations and good luck!

i

8. zbgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i wish it was that easy for me my mom is accepting of gays and bis by not exactly respecting and me and my sister have to work out a way to tell her that shes a lesbien and that i'm bi so that she doesnt have a heart attacke

ricki