1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celebrated National Coming Out Day by, well, coming out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Katelynn, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Katelynn

So today I came out to another one of my classmates & she didn't seemed to phased by it. I had run into my friend Nikki earlier,, who i had come out to last week & who has been really supportive so far, & the first thing she did when she saw me (which was also the first time we'd seen each other since I told her on FB chat) was to give me a big hug from behind & say 'Surprise hug!' Well, later on in class, I mentioned to the woman next to me, who is about the same age as I am, that Nikki had been so supportive for me since I was going thru a lot of stuff recently & I had told her. At the end of class, I told my classmate I came out as trans to Nikki & at the end of June to myself & she just said 'It means nothing to me!' but with a smile on her face & her intended meaning was that it didn't bother her at all. We even chatted for a second & I explained that I was planning on transitioning during college. She didn't seem upset at all. I may possibly be out to my classmate's mother as well, as she was on the opposite side of my classmate & the two of them are taking the same program as I am. She either overheard what I had said or my classmate probably told her as they walked down the hallway after we parted ways, so there's a good chance I'm out to 2 people now too. I think it may be OK tho, as we were all sitting together at lunch & I was sharing my musical preferences, so they sort of got to get to know me & who I am & what I like a bit before I just said something. Like I said, it didn't seem to upset my classmate at all, but then again, it could just be a matter of delayed processing. I guess I'll just have to wait & see! But, out a bit more, so not going to complain too much! (!)

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats Kiersten! I'm so happy that it's going well for you. Hopefully the 'delayed processing' will only bring more acceptance your way