1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy coming out day!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by rachel1423, Oct 11, 2011.

1. rachel1423

rachel1423 Guest

My university is doing a bunch of fun events this week, its awesome! We drew chalk all over campus with positive messages :slight_smile:

What did you do to celebrate?

2. Katelynn

I came out to one of my classmates - & possibly her mother, since they both are in all the same classes, sit next to each other in the class I told her in & if she didn't hear, my classmate no doubt has already told her. She handled it pretty OK, no freakouts & only one question. Hoping she doesn't have a problem later with it tho. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how things turned out today!

3. rachel1423

rachel1423 Guest

Awesome! You"ll have to change your out status then :slight_smile: I'm considering coming out to one of my friends today. But its so nerveracking!

4. Katelynn

Well, don't push yourself if you're not ready yet. You don't want to have a negative experience, so just take your time if you need to! The important thing is what's best for you! And yes, it is uber, crazy nerve-wracking! Yeppers, I'll have to change my out status from 10 to 11 now!

5. MsShelf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My university is doing a bunch of fun stuff this week/month, too! Today we had a "closet" door outside the student union for people to come out of, and we gave away pamphlets, rainbow ribbon, and HRC stickers! :grin:

We've also been chalking, and next week is our drag show. We're showing some movies, too. Last week was one on Stonewall, and tomorrow night 'Bent' will be playing.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today at my University we had a balloon vigil where we released balloons to represent equality. We also remembered those who killed themselves because of bullying.

7. rachel1423

rachel1423 Guest

I ended up chickening out :/ but you're totally right. I just recently accepted my sexuality to myself, so I'll take a little more time :slight_smile:

8. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was planning on coming out to a friend of mine.

We left school together 10 mins before the end of lunch, headed down the long road form school to the shops that has fields on either side of it and nobody else was walking there. Anyway, I was gonna bring up that it was coming out day and then tell her but this is how things went down

Me; So, you know what today is *trips over, front rolls down pavement, slides on knees, knocks nose on fence*
    her; HOLY SHIT, you okay?
    Me; No (deep manly voice, trying not to cry)

So yeah... I'm fine, my nose stopped bleeding and I cleaned my knees with saline and put bandages on them but I'm not out to anyone else today

#8 Kerze, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  9. Foxywolf

Ouchie that sounds painful! Some strange forces are trying to keep you from coming out to this friend! Glad you're okay though. I like how you added (deep manly voice, trying not to cry.) hehe.

10. lizzy95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I came out to my Counselor :slight_smile:

11. Vesper

I wrote a letter to one of my best friends, intending to send it that day, only to find out that I couldn't find her address anywhere. FAIL, that is me.

12. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ooops, nothing again.