1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling people he is more than just a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hidinginalabama, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Hidinginalabama

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he asked why i was hanging out with this guy so much. I thought to myself if this was a good time to come out to him. And then i reminded my self that i was happy with who i am and so i told him. I told him that the guy that he was talking about was really my boyfriend and we had been dating for some time. He didnt belive me for some time. But after talking to my friend for an hour or so he finally came to accept it. Then not long after that i decided that i should tell one of my old teachers that i still talk to. I when on skype and she was online. So i started talking to her and asking how her day was and all. Then she asked me how my weekend was and how it was in kalamazoo. I told her that i had a great time there and i wanted to tell her some thing. She asked what was up. I told her that i had something that i need to tell her but that could not get out. She then said what every it is she would not tell any one. I saided Im gay. It seamed like hours passing by before she stared typing back. She asked if i was happy first thing. I saided yes. Then she asked if a knew for a fact. At this point i really got some what upset. All i could thing of was are you really asking me that. I told her yes i know for a fact that im gay. Then after that she was really nice. She wanted to know if i had a boyfriend and all about him. We talk for some time til the point where i had to stop talking just so i could get some sleep for work. I must say them more people i tell the better i feel about it. Now i just have to do the big one. Tell my family and My parents. I must say this is something that i just mite want to wait for a little bit longer.

2. addie88

congrats! hurray for success. and as far as what your teacher said that bothered you, i wouldn't worry too much about it. i don't think that straight people understand what to say or what not to say when someone comes out to them, and it sounds like she didn't mean any offense and instead was fully supportive. so don't read too much into people's reactions; sometimes it's just a lack of understanding.

good luck with your family, and don't be afraid to take your time. :slight_smile:

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

One step at a time!

Like said above, bad reactions are most of the time due to ignorance about it all. Keep in mind that most people are only trying to help you out, but they just don't quite know how to go about it all.

Keep it up :slight_smile: