1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by gonecountry, Oct 18, 2011.

1. gonecountry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey I just came out for the first time ever. I was on the phone with my friend and I had known all day I was gonna tell her today. We were on the phone for like twenty minutes and then I asked her if I was on speakerphone and was she sitting down and I was just like "I'm gay." And there was a pause and I thought she hadn't heard me which would have sucked because then I would have had to say it again but then she did the "really?" and "Oh my gosshhh" and she was like tearing up or whatever (we've been really close friends since freshman year high school) and she was really proud of me for having come out or whatever and we talked about how I came to realize and what do next i.e. who to tell and when. When I hung up the phone I felt a little weird, not like a big weight had been lifted or anything but now after it's sunk in for a few minutes that I finally shared these feelings with someone, I feel soooo much better. It just sucks that I had to do it over the phone but we both go to different colleges and I won't see her in person again until Thanksgiving and I didn't want to wait that long.:icon_bigg

2. WSPXRT

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Glad to hear about the relief this brought you. I actually just got off the phone with a girl I used to be intimate with who is coming over Friday and plan on having a talk with her then. While I haven't completely come to accept where I am on the spectrum, it will be the first person I've talked to in person about my questioning. Stories like yours give us much needed encouragement and it's much appreciated.

3. Hidinginalabama

Way to go. Hope next time you come out to some one it goes better like you want but I must say every one has to start some where and i think that was a great place to start.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! It's a good start, I came out to my first two friends on Facebook because I was too nervous to actually say it to them.

5. Gallatin

Yay!! Congratulations. I'm glad she took it well.

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great job on coming out! :grin:

7. J Snow

That's awesome. I wish you didn't have to wait to see her in person. Still, even if you have to use alternate means of communication, I'm sure it helps tremendously to have such a supportive friend to talk to.

8. Vesper

Glad your friend took the news well. It's so nice to have friends who care and understand.

I had a similar experience when telling one of my closest friends over the phone. She seemed a bit shocked at first, but then told me in no uncertain terms that she would support me.

9. Eleanor Rigby

That's wonderful :slight_smile: Congratulations ! I'm so glad your friend is supportive !

10. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    in my process of coming out I used FB to come out too, to friends I honestly didn't want to be rejected in person... I know it was lame, but it's what I did. Glad you get to see her soon.

11. Ianthe

That's not lame. It's fine to come out it whatever way is the most comfortable for you. It's really difficult and takes courage, no matter how you do it. :icon_bigg