1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This one's kinda funny

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

So I was walking to class today with one of my friends and his class was in the same building as mine and we got there early. He had the same professor I had for that class a few semesters ago so we decided to go to my professor's office so my friend could say hi to him. My professor is really chill and a really cool person. The three of us got to talking and I accidentally let it slip that I'm a lesbian during the conversation and my professor just kinda looked at me and all I could say was "Oh shit did I just say that out loud?". I explained to him that only a handful of people know about me and I'm pretty much in the closet in school and for a reason. His response somewhat caught me off guard. He said he used to be like that but now he doesn't really care who knows. I had a feeling he was gay but during a class activity he made a comment about how he hangs out with straight guys because he's like them so I figured that maybe my gaydar was off. But no my gaydar was dead on again. Well after that we had to get to class and my professor looked at me and said "Don't worry I'll keep it between us". It definitely wasn't as awkward as I thought it was going to be

2. Justsomefatguy

Lmao did you tell him who you're avoiding that it's so secretive? And honestly that should have set off your radar a little more with the comment about straight guys lol, I don't know any straight guys who have to qualify that they hang out with other straight guys o.0

3. andrewshell11

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha wow. Sounds like a pretty cool teacher.

4. Vesper

You're so lucky to have such an awesome professor! I can't imagine that many professors would do what yours did.

5. Eleanor Rigby

Great story :slight_smile: thanks for sharing

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that was cool! Thanks for sharing that with us! :slight_smile: