1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geez

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Alex15, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    So after reading a lot of stories here it's really made me want to come out to my family. The only thing is I've been reading a lot of stories that have turned out great, which I know is not always the case. And seeing as i live in the deeply religious old south and both parents, even though they are divorced, only allow fox news in there houses. My mother thinks I'm an atheist because I took a biology course and thinks I'm a liberal, which is the equivalent of saying f@&k you where I'm from. So while I do think my sisters would be accepting the whole parents are uber conservative and pretty much pay for everything while I'm in college is really holding be back. Id also like to come out to friends but most are from my uber small home town and that would cause an uproar and my parents would find out. So once again out of the question. Not to mention I have a twin bro who I can't read for the life of me on this subject Help?

2. Wolfgirl90

Hmm..personally, if I felt like I could tell my sister- I would. If you feel comfortable sharing this with them it could be helpful for you later when you're trying to decide if you're ready to tell your parents. :slight_smile: Either way, having your sisters as resources would be helpful when you need someone to talk to.
    Unless you feel like either might tell your parents.
    I'm in a similar situation- my parents are ultra conservative and they're helping me pay for college. My dad kind of 'guessed'...but he still thinks I'm "confused" so it's not real to him yet. Mom's more of the problem, though...so I'll definitely need to be financially secure before telling her. (They're divorced.)
    Best of luck!

3. Alex15

That makes sense I guess, my older sister knows I'm pretty sure, I've never told her but her awesomeness level is pretty high haha. My Dad is pretty opinionated but hasn't said much on the subject in the last few years though he, and my mom, never fail to ask if ive found a girlfriend every time I talk to them

4. Hidinginalabama

Wow alex15 your store is almost word for word like mine. I also lived in the south and will never say that I came from anywhere else. Oh ya I also have a twin just to let you know. I looks like telling your sister is the best bet if you really want to tell some one. There is one thing that I got to ask you are you happy with yourself and if so I think thats all that really maters. Best of luck hope every thing turns out great for you.:thumbsup:

5. Ianthe

Tell your sister for sure.

Do you think your Dad suspects, and that's why he's stopped making comments?

Have you told your brother that you are supporting of gay people? I mean, you said you can't figure out where he stands on the subject--could he be feeling the same way about you? If he's an identical twin, there is roughly a 50% chance he's gay, or about 25-30% or something for a fraternal twin--either way, much higher than the general population. So, if he's guarded about his opinions on the subject of gay people, that might possibly be because he's gay or bisexual himself. Even if you aren't ready to come out to him yet, you might want to make really sure that he knows you support gay people, in case he's also afraid to come out to you.

6. Alex15

I am happy with myself, I just don't want to make a huge deal out of this. As for my Dad idk it has undoubtably crossed his mind. But he's hard to read. My twin bro knows my views and there is absolutely no way he is gay lol, well at least probably not (99%) sure on that one. Idk and me being unsure 100% on where I stand just makes it more difficult. I know I like guys, but not sure if it's only guys. I think that might be something I need to figure out before I tell them. BUT I just want to move on with my life find sombdy and start dating already. I see all these people who have somebody and sometimes I just want that, or at least the option of having it.

7. Hidinginalabama

You can date some one and not be out. Like myself. I have been dating my boyfriend for almost three mounths now and most people in my life do not know I'm gay. Its a little harder finding some one when you are not out. But if you really want to date some one there are ways to be out to some and not to all. If you can go to bar that is a great place to meet new people if not then I would say find yourself a lgbt group. Another great place to meet people some times.