1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom told my relitives...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Blkrsn, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ho hum...

Leave it to Mom to not be able to hide anything!

She told me last night that she had told my aunt and uncle that I was a lesbian, and that they took the news lightly. My uncle's brother is gay, so they really did not mind. But I know my Aunt, she will spread this like wildfire.

So yeah. I guess out to my extended family as well now.

Hmm, and I'm not even upset/angry/worried/or anything. I'm just shrugging my shoulders and moving on.

I'm hoping that reaction is a good thing XD

So far, everyone family member I told, took it well. There were some family members that I thought would freak out on me. I honestly thought my Dad would kick me out or something - but he was the one that took it the best.

I can't begin to explain how happy I am that not only my direct family took it well, but my extended family seems to be taking it well as well :slight_smile:

I wish everyone else the best when they come out, and I hope they have as easy enough time as I am having!

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's always better to move on with life then dwell on the past. You cannot change the past.

It awesome that they accept you though. It sucks that your mom did that, but at least they were ok with it.

3. Gallatin

I'm glad they took it well!

4. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Holy $#!7 this news spread like wildfire. My Mom told my Aunt, and my Aunt spread it around to everyone. Suddenly I am getting text messages from all my cousins and relatives from all over the place saying, 'Congrads!' or 'I still love you just the way you are' or 'I knew you were!'

So far... I have not had a single negative remark about me being gay ( but my Mom now notices me checking out the women in the comercials! lol! )

For some reason, everyone wants to get a hold of me now. Everyone in my extended family are now texting me and wanting to talk to me... I did not know coming out would make me so popular in my family...

Guess I have one hell of a family!