1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to two friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by littledolphin, Oct 29, 2011.

1. littledolphin

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it's been a while since I came out to them, but I thought I'd share this with you anyway.

So, I've come out two of my friends (not counting online ones) as bisexual. They reacted quite well.

Friend 1:

I was on her birthday party, where there was two of her other friends, too. We we're playing truth and dare, and it's my turn. I say truth, and my friend asks me tell all the people's names I've ever had a crush on. So of course I also gotta say the girls' names I've had crush on, too. When I'm done, she's all like 'ok, who's next?' xD I was so relieved.

Friend 2:

So I'm at school, it's break and we're talking about LGBT people. (I was the one who brought it up; I wanted to know everybody's opinion. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) My friend starts telling about when her friend came out to her as bisexual. She says something about how she pretty much freaked out when she found out, but now she's gotten used to it. I start to tear up, afraid that she will freak out too when she finds out about me. She asks what's wrong, and I ask her to come with me to some other place where we can talk alone, since there's other people there. So we leave, and I start crying harder. She asks again what's wrong, and I explain to her that I'm bisexual. She starts to apologize right away, saying that she didn't mean it like that, that she's fine with that friend, she was just surprised back then and had to get used to it. After I calm down, she says she's glad I told her.

With both of my friends, our friendship didn't change at all, which was the thing I was afraid the most. We're still really good friends, and neither of them seem to feel awkward with this. :grin:

2. Vesper

Glad to hear that you had such positive experiences! It's so nice to know that your friends still consider you the same person as before and that your relationships didn't seem to change :slight_smile:.

3. Nadski

Nadski Guest

congrats! :slight_smile: having friends who love and support you no matter what is the best feeling, im glad your friends havent changed around you and now you know that they are true friends who really do care about you

4. Gallatin

Yay!! Congratulations. I'm glad they took it well.

5. littledolphin

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it is. :slight_smile: Thanks. ^^

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2011 at 05:37 PM ----------

Thank you. :grin: Yes, it is amazing. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2011 at 05:39 PM ----------

Haha, thanks. :grin: Me too. :3