1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My outing experiences

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ToySoldier, Oct 30, 2011.

1. ToySoldier

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey !

First of all, sorry if I do some grammar or orthographic mistakes, English isn’t my mother language... :icon_redf

So, I first came out after highschool in 2009. I was studying in CPGE (classes preparing for entrance examinations to the French Grandes Ecoles). One day in the beginning of the school year, we had some free time and were hanging out. My new friends were talking about their love life and asked me if I already had a crush before. I just told them : « I’m gay and yes, a boy ». New school, new friends, I thought I was the right time to tell them and that I had nothing to lose :slight_smile:. They first were very surprised but I remember one of them (who is one of my closest friend now) saying : « Don’t worry, we still love you » haha. I felt so euphoric. (!)

Then, my second coming out was in summer 2010 during vacation in the beach with a group of my closest friends from highschool. It was one year after graduation and we didn’t very kept in touch so far. Two of my girl friends and me were lying in the sun (the other ones went swimming) and they started to talk about their love life. They asked me if I had a girlfriend, and i just answered : « I didn’t say I was into girls... ». My heart was beating so fast at this moment... They were very understanding but then we didn’t talked too much about it the rest of the day. Nevertheless, It was so liberating. A few days later I had a serious conversation with one of them, talking about my straight crush (he was actually our common crush from highschool) who by the way took the trip with us.

As you can see, I don’t dare say by myself that I’m gay but it is so much easier when someone ask you :rolle:.

Third coming out, same story. I’m in engineering school since this october and made some new friends. About one month ago, during the weekend, we went to Paris eating japanese food. One of the girls asked : « Are you into girls or boys ? ». When it was my turn to answer, I said : « To answer seriously, into boys ». She said that she knew it because of my tastes (does watching The Vampire Diaires, Drop Dead Diva and listening to Adele songs make me gay haha ?) but otherwise she wouldn't have guessed. By the way, my new straight crush (no ! It happens again, why me ? :bang:slight_smile: were sitting with us. But each time, he is acting like he didn’t know about me (like my coming out was a joke) and is always talking to me like I had a girlfriend. Moreover, he is so ambiguous with me but it’s an other story to tell... :eusa_doh:

Thanks for reading, I just wanted to stare it with you.

#1 ToySoldier, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. Gallatin

Your English was quite good, not to worry.

Thanks for sharing your stories, and I'm glad they were all positive!

3. Vesper

I know exactly how you feel.

By the way, your English is excellent :slight_smile:.