1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome Day :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DefineNormal, Oct 30, 2011.

1. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

So after finally deciding to ignore those annoying voices in my head telling me that there was no way in a million years that I could be gay, things have been going pretty well. Who'd have thought life could turn around so quickly (!)

But anyway: I am already out to my imdediate friends who were all extremely supportive- even if they ignore it most of the time...- without any dramatic or interesting stories, but recently this new girl joined our group. So feeling uncharacteristically brave I told her basically a week after knowing her :thumbsup: Funny thing is she told me she was bi.

She's the first person in my group of friends to be anything but straight- excluding me- and she was very keen to talk more on the subject. I was extremely happy because I've never had to talk it through before, and it was great to be able to speak freely for once. It was basically an awesome day, resulting in me leaving the shops with a rainbow badge and a HUGE Jessie J poster- my not so secret love :icon_wink

The only minor problem is that now she seems to think that because I'm gay and she's bi, we're going to get together. I am most definetly not attracted to her in any way. She spent a long time pulling 'sexy' poses, dragging down her shirt, and saying that 'if you ever want someone to practice on, I'm open'... :eusa_doh: I was embarrassed for her.

Apart from that, life is fantastic and I feel like I'm finally getting confidence with this. Thanks to everyone here for showing me that it really doesn't matter who you love, and that it is awesome to be gay :eusa_danc

2. MommaFrog

Maybe you should tell her that you don't see her in that way?

Other than that, congrats!!!

3. Vesper

Congrats on coming out to your friend! I also have a bi friend who is the only one I know reasonably well who's not straight.

The flirting thing is...awkward. Maybe you can sit her down and tell her in the nicest way possible that you appreciate that she likes and supports you, but that you are not really interested in going further than friendship?

4. Hidinginalabama

Congrats on coming out to her.:thumbsup: