1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This can't be happening...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by zoezoewriter, Nov 1, 2011.

1. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I walked into lunch today and everyone on one side of the cafeteria was giving me weird looks. A guy came up to me after a couple minutes and asked if I was a lesbian. I was shocked by the question and responded as such ("What the heck was that!?"). He told me that there was a bunch of people saying that down at the other end of the cafeteria. Well, that would explain the weird looks. I told him "No, I'm not a lesbian" and he asked me if I was bi. I've never exactly been in the closet, but "unless you are asked only tell people you trust" has always been my policy. That was the second time I'd been asked by someone I didn't plan on already telling, and the first person I trusted enough to tell anyway. Telling him "yes" probably wasn't very smart, but I was still kind of shocked. For the rest of the hour, I kept getting people coming up to me asking if I was a lesbian. I told them all no.
    I'm kind of pissed off right now because this means that someone I thought I could trust either (A) let it slip or (B) started blatantly going around telling people. Considering my other experiences with this school, B is more likely. Now I'm worried about getting beat up, insulted, etc because a lot of the people who were asking me are known for being snotnosed, immature, in-your-buisness brats with no sense of anything being a little different.
    So...what else is there really for me to say here?

2. DhammaGamer

Shitty, throw on the steel-toed boots and kick 'em where it counts.

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Silver lining time

You're out status says 'trying to get whole school'.

Problem solved with the 'trying' bit? You could just go on and make that 'whole school' and try to think of this as a good thing.

4. zoezoewriter

Florida, USA (AKA Where the old go to die)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I changed my mind on that a little after I made my profile and forgot to change it. I honestly forgot it was there (I'm about as scatter-brained as they come.) I don't like being in the closet (does anybody?), but I at least wanted to know that I would be coming out.

#4 zoezoewriter, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  5. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    thats seriously got to suck hey, people should be more mture and get on with their lives, a few people from my school found out im gay and some were cool bout it, but what was bad tho was my ex (a guy) that i dated for like 2 months while i was still questioning, he got hit hard by people's comments and how his ex "turned out to be gay" wasnt he man enough?, wer still very good friends, and hes cool with my status now , i just felt really bad for him... hope it all works out xx

6. flymetothemoon

I'm so sorry that happened. Whether you wanted to tell your whole school or not, it definitely should have been your choice when you were ready to tell them. It was nobody else's business to tell them and have them all talking about you when you weren't ready for it. I know what that's like because I had something similar happen to me with my family. *hugs* Hopefully, though, things won't be as rough as you're expecting and people will take it well.