1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amongst the Confusion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ukeye, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ukeye

ukeye Guest

Is a big part of coming out chopping out the parts of your life you felt insufficient for.. Like for me it seems I was never sufficient to lead a straight lifestyle, it was always guys who interested me and I understood this from a younger age.

But all those things I would think of before I came out. The wife/kids/perfect dream by societies standards now seems like its distorted.. I realise that happiness can be found through love whether its with another man or not. Its ceased to be a gay issue for me.. now its an issue of living my life with an attraction to men. Kind of feels like I've adapted a new organ and feel more positive about each waking moment. This is even so, considering I'm single and not heavily involved in the GLBT scene right now.

I went through a big phase of becoming more socially aware as part of coming out - exploring different religions, philosophies, cultures.. reading a lot, meeting a lot of different people.. but now I realise I can attribute all this knowledge i've gained to coming out. I'm much more interested in traveling and people in general since accepting that I have my flaws also and my sexuality is only a small part of me. I feel much more at peace with who I am. Beforehand it seemed like there were so many barriers up in this aim to be something I'm not.

This felt really good to write :slight_smile: