1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling better

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by midwestgirl89, Nov 2, 2011.

1. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel so much better lately even with tons of homework and headaches. This past summer I learned how to dance without caring what people think about me. I've always had a low self esteem so this is big for me. Anyway, today I made a step to coming out more.

Today I was eating dinner with the Gay-Straight Alliance at my school and a good friend asked if I was looking to be in a relationship with a girl. She was basically asking in front of everyone if I'm gay. She knows I'm gay but I have never acknowledged it in front of everyone when she was there.

I said "Yeah" and she clapped and said she was extremely proud of me for saying it out loud. She even said I could be considered her sister (weird story that would take a while to explain) because she was so proud.

I've become a lot more comfortable in the past year with my sexuality. I'm still not 100% comfortable and I hardly ever talk about it to anyone outside of the GSA but I am happy with my progress. I'm happy to have friends in the GSA.

I have never felt this comfortable in my own skin. I actually am starting to feel proud and I wanted to share this on here. :smilewave I'm gay and there's nothing wrong with that.

2. Hidinginalabama

Congrates hope ever thing keeps going just as great.

3. Mister E

Congratulations! Everyone should read this and know that there are happy endings for us :grin: