1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so i maybe came out to a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Guitarguy, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Guitarguy

i was on facbook talking to my friend about her christian parents who think that she is going to hell because she listens to satanic music aka my chemical romance and mindless self indulgence and we get to talking about how i am the only one of her friends that her parents aprove of. so since it seemed like it would be a funny time to bring it up (and since i had been planning to for a long time.) i told her i was gay
    now heres where it gets interesting because facebook chat decided it would like to slowly start jumbling up what we were saying and she said that she was gay as well wich would have been awsome. but im not totally convinced that that was what she was trying to say.
    so now i dont know how to bring it up in a conversation tomorow at school. "hey last night did i come out to you and did you come out to me?" it seems kind of like i would be assuming she was gay and if she wasnt she could be hurt by it. so im confused and i need help
    i would really apreciate any and all advice

2. VentinIntrovert

Don't over think it. Just like anyother conversation, start slow. "So that thing you told me last night, is it true." And so on...

3. Guitarguy

from now on i am not coming out over facebook. lesson learned

4. Danny19

so how did that go? lol

5. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are you gay or bisexual? Just wondering, since you listed bisexual as your orientation, but you said you're gay?

Anyway.. I agree with the others. Just bring it up like a normal thing, just say like "you know on Facebook yesterday..?" and just say what you want to say. Don't be so hard on yourself. This was a good first step in your coming out process! But please, don't ignore it. It's better to bring it up, to hear what she said, it's better to get it over with, right? :slight_smile:

6. Guitarguy

So as it turns out she isn't a lesbian and was just joking and is totally cool with me being gay.
    And as far as the question of me being gay or bisexual. I'm feeling like bisexual might have just been a phase and I'm leaning towards gay now. I just haven't changed my profile.