1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sort of Came Out to Grandparents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Roxas101, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well this was more of an 'awkward as hell' conversation than anything. But basically... My mum told her parents that I was gay.

My grandpa had this whole 'I love you no matter what' conversation with me. It was kind of sweet, but weird as well. I guess I'm happy that they know though, I guess? Means I don't have to pretend around them anymore. Which I must admit was getting a little bit tedious.

I'm pretty happy that they were fine with it, though. Not too many people from that generation who could just accept something like that with a smile and a few nice words. ^^

2. Eleanor Rigby

Well, I understand it may have been feeling a bit awkward, but having accepting and loving grand-parents is really a blessing I think. So congratulations :slight_smile:

3. Vesper

My theory is that people of your grandparents' generation have pretty much seen and experienced all of life's ups and downs, and through the years realized that life's too short to waste trying to be someone you're not, or to be bitter about missed opportunities and such.

Congrats on coming out to your grandparents, and I'm glad they are accepting you for who you are.

4. Muzic555

Muzic555 Guest

congrats! :eusa_clap I wish my grandparents were as supporting. I'm not getting any christmas presents this year :icon_sad: and the only reason they talk to me is because my dad is there. (He doesn't know yet)

5. Hidinginalabama

Congrats:icon_bigg Hope things keep gettoing better. I know the will they always do.:thumbsup: