1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I come out to my friend, crush, and the love of my life?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by don29002, Nov 8, 2011.

1. don29002

I'm in a complicated situation with my friend Matt. I don't know if he's str8 and joking or if he might be bi/gay and he likes me. One thing is that I used to always think about him after we would talk in the halls every day in my next class, but I was able to focus.
    So here's our history together to better understand the soap opera that is us:

Matt is a good friend of mine and I would go to his lunch table and sit with his friends and tell funny stories and jokes and him and his friends loved me for it freshman year.
    But I noticed him staring at me frequently while I'd be telling my stories. Every day.
    And he'd pull me close to him with his thumb touching my chin, which I thought was romantic in a way.
    And around Christmas time last year he told me "All I want for Christmas is you" and I smiled at him. Considering the fact that he has a [now ex] girlfriend--named Paige, and shes in college in Maryland at the UMBC.
    His girlfriend barely noticed but I'm friends with her too so I guess I got her approval lol

Last Friday:

Now I'm a sophomore and I see Matt every day. Occasionally he'll act gay around me--which is awesome because it's a great fantasy for nighttime.

Yesterday I saw Matt after gym like I always do. He was behind me and I didn't know it, I had the song "Destiny" by Zero 7 running through my mind. I had a massive crush on him at one point, and I'd considered myself as over him, done with him until he was behind me, and my obsessiveness came back..
    Suddenly I heard Matt say "Watch this" to his friend who was behind me, and Matt touched my ass--which is SUPER sexy in my mind--and I immediately turned to him and winked at him, and me, him, and his friend started busting out laughing.
    So then we started talking about the cold weather, and then I brought up the topic of going on the track for gym, since I had gym the period before and we had to go on the track today--as we do every Friday--and of course I'm a jokester, so I of course added in jokes and hilarity.
    So I told him "What's good" and he mocked me, which isn't rude to me because he's Matt--he can do what he wants with me.
    I started talking, and I said "It's cold as hell" since we went on the track (me and my gym class) for 45 minutes... and again Matt said the same thing as I.
    Ugh I WISH I could've come out to him or told him I've a crush on him.. because I REALLY want to right now.
    Matt's a senior, so I wanna tell him before he graduates...

Tomorrow:

So because of all this, how should I come out to Matt? And also is he possibly LGBT; how can I ask him that too without sounding rude or personal, like without putting him on the spot?