1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally told my parents so happy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hidinginalabama, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Hidinginalabama

So I finally did it. I came out to my parents last night. We were sitting down eating dinner that I just got for us. When I knew it was time to tell them. So I waited for every one to get done eating. They started watching TV and what every it was started to get really boring so I knew it was then when I told them we needed to talk. All they did was look at me and the TV was still on. So I asked them to turn it off. Right then I know they realized what I had to say was big. The TV was turned off. They looked at me again. I just froze for a minute or two. I didn’t know how to say it. So I just did. I looked at both of them and just said Mom Dad I’m gay. It felt like hours went by before say said anything. But really is was just seconds. My mom looked at me and said ok. My dad looked and said your still my son and I will love you no mater what. We talk for about two hours. It was so great. They asked if I was dating any one and I said yes. Then they asked if he was coming for Christmas. All I could thing was really did they just ask that? But I had to tell them no he was not coming down for Christmas but he would be down before then. They both said that when he comes down that they would love for him to say that they house. I was so amazed on how great it went. I thought that I would take weeks before they wanted to know about my boyfriend or about most things and all but I was so wrong. I got to say be wrong about how they would take it was one of the greats things ever. I now know they what every is going on in my life I don’t have to hide it from them. I got to say my parents are so of the most amazing people in the world.

When people talk about after telling their parents and how the weight just fell of them. Its true. I got up this morning going to work and I felt like I was a new person. A person that never has to hide who I am. It is a amazing feeling and I hope every one will one day feel the same way as I am right now. :icon_bigg

Thanks every one from EC for all you have done to help me though this time. And I only wish that I will be able to help some one just as much as this site did for me.(*hug*)

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey congratulations (!)

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! (!)

4. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome!!! My coming out to my parents went much the same way, turning off the TV to tell them the big news and them saying that whoever I date will be welcomed into their house. It is such an amazing feeling to not have that constant fear anymore of what their reactions will be like. I'm so glad that you got to experience this too! Congrats!

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a great story! How wonderful that your parents were so understanding and supportive... as you said, I'd think most parents would want at least a *little* time to adjust before welcoming their gay son's gay boyfriend into their home, so this really says a lot for them.

Just out of curiousity, have you asked your mom (or dad, but moms are the ones who know) if she knew or suspected before you told them? It sort of sounds like this wasn't a big shock for them, but maybe they're just ultra accepting :slight_smile:

6. Gallatin

Congratulations! It's awesome that they're so accepting. :slight_smile:

7. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats.

8. Sethrowe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Woooottt!!

9. Vesper

Indeed they are :slight_smile:. Congratulations, and may the new spring in your step never fade.

10. Aeon Magus

Congratulations, Hidinginalabama. :eusa_clap

11. Hidinginalabama

Thanks guys and ya they both had some idea for a little bit but didnt want to say anything. My dad even said he had a dream that I told him. He said that it was like a year ago. I didnt know what to say to that really

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2011 at 02:43 AM ----------

Thanks guys and ya they both had some idea for a little bit but didnt want to say anything. My dad even said he had a dream that I told him. He said that it was like a year ago. I didnt know what to say to that really. All I could do was smile. Thanks again every one for being there for me all this time.

12. EM68

Congrats on coming out to your parents!!! I know how worried you were. I'm glad your parents asked if your bf was going to come by. That is a big step for them.

Now go out and live your life without hiding. :grin:

13. Doctor Faustus

(*hug*)

You had a much better experience than I did. Relish the moment. Savour it!

Many congratulations. :grin:

14. Mal

Mal

Having spoke to you before you did this, I just have to say. I am so goddamn proud of you. I am extremely happy it went well for you. So how does it feel being able to take on the world? It's only up from here, good sir. Yay!

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your parents. It's fantastic that it went so well. :slight_smile:

16. caughtbywitness

Aww well done!

My parents are far too cool with it, mum even got me a double bed this year in "in case you had a 'partner' you might want to share a bed with". I swear, my mum is hilarious.

17. MommaFrog

I wish every coming out story was like this!!!! So happy for you!

18. Hippiemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is fantastic. You have awesome parents who love you A LOT! Glad they can handle the whole situation, it can be a lot to process. I guess you won't be hiding anymore, luv!

Cheers and congratulations!

19. Aielar

Aww yeah, congrats!!! Glad things worked out well for you :slight_smile:

20. MusicMan12

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOu!!! I wish my parents would have been that supportive! especially about the person your dating