1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your straight guy friend(s)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Alex19, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Alex19

Ok, so ever since forever, I've always been interested in "coming out" stories of gay gays coming out to their straight male friends/family members and them being ok with it. I wanna know more! Please share on here your positive experiences with straight guys!

As for me, i actually hang out with straight guys (they're my primary group of friends actually) and i never really came out to them, i guess. They said they all pretty much knew since middle school. i never hung out with them till our first semester of college but to make a long story short, they're very good guys. Very supportive, talk openly with me about 'gay topics' and are fully supportive or gay marriage/adoption. sounds too good to be true, right? i guess the world has done something right after all!

2. Drowzee64

My best friend in real life is a straight male. He's radical about LGBT issues and has even defended me from homophobic remarks in the past. He's too awesome!

3. Gallatin

I came out to one of my roommates (a straight guy in a fraternity, no less), and he's reacted brilliantly to it all. He's been very supportive, and it's only made our friendship stronger.

4. Koll

I'm dating my best friend, and he's pretty much the only person I'm out to

Another close friend has speculated this about us, and rumor has it he said he would be fine with it.. so.

I'm not sure this is what your getting at.

5. Beertruck

I would say that most of my friends qualify as straight men, and all of them are totally, 100% cool with it. No broken friendships, no being creeped out, nothing. It was all "oh congrats" and "I'm there for you!" and that crap.

My favorite was "I'm really excited for you - you're about to start the adventure of your life."

6. DareToEatAPeach

I've come out to all my straight guy friends that live on my floor in residence and every single one of them is 100% fine with it. I can talk about whatever I want to them and they don't get creeped out or act awkward, I love my friends!

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of my guy friends thought I was kidding when I said I'm was gay, but they got over it. Didn't have any bad stuff happen when I came out to them.

They just said: "its cool"

8. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol, in high school i had a slightly different story, when i came out to my best friend he FREAKED out, lol, I was soo worried all straight guys would be like that, but nothing like that ever happened again =P

9. Artemicion

Hrm...well...my high school friends is composed of mainly girls...but also with a fair amount of guys...there's one lesbian and one gay person in it as far as i know and everyone seems fine with it. But I haven't told all of them yet just some of them. My best friends are straight.

As for my university friends (since no one that I knew from high school went to my campus), they're all straight guys no girls XD. The few that i've come out to so far are cool with it as for the rest that I haven't come out to, I don't think they would mind at all.

10. Alex19

sounds good thus far! keep em comin!

11. caughtbywitness

Girls love it >.< but I was scared about telling my best mate, but i plucked up the courage and said it to his face. He's not the brightest and it seemed to go over his head. Now he teams up with everyone else to try and find out which boy I'm liking ¬_¬

12. Doctor Faustus

I have a load of straight guy friends who know I'm not straight. It's important to be able to keep straight male companions like that who totally understand.

13. Aeon Magus

I came out to my brothers first, which was unnecessary, because they already knew. They are both straight, and I think I'm the only queer apple in the family tree. Both of them do make passing gibes now and then, but I like to play along and wink at them to make them uncomfortable and stop their nonsense. They mock me, I mock them. Haha! It's great fun. :grin:

14. matt3208pc

Pretty much all of my close friends are straight guys, except for a few girls. When I told them they were shocked for a moment, then completely supportive. Even one of them who had always been an outspoken homophobe was really good about it. I went to Europe with three of the guys and they were my wing men on several occasions at a few gay bars....I'm pretty lucky with how cool they are.

15. Mister E

I've told a few of my guy friends. My entire friend group is basically straight guys except 3 girls and a gay guy. When I told the few I have, they were all good about it. One had to instantly the Hoke about me and the gay guy, but otherwise everything is fine. Occasionally someone will be like "Wow that's gay!" And then he'll look at me and laugh harder.

The only exception is my best friend for about 8 years. He seems pretty uncomfortable with it, but I think he just ignores it and we are great friends as always. :grin:

Straight guys = supportive. In my experiences anyway.

16. Ke1

Ke1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    In my case i didnt really need to tell my straight (or asexual... he isnt really sure) friend that i lyk guys... 1 day he just comes up to me and goes lyk "Ur gay rite?"... I wasnt really out to any1 at dat tym so i wasnt really sure how i should answer him so i just kept my trap shut... and he said "Dat answers everything... and i'm ok with it" I had no idea dat i wouldn't need 2 tell him... But he did noe me for 15 years so... i guess u just know these things about friends

as for college i ended up with a class mate who was in the same school as me (and the asexual/straight guy above)... This guy is 100% straight. He ended up being my ride back home everyday and 1 of the very few friends i have in college... He sits next to me everyday in class and i thought i really need to tell him... so 1 day i did... he didn't say anything about it for quite some time... but he did stand up for me a few times after i came out (actually 'fell out') of the closet to the rest of my class mates and he's the only straight guy in college who's nice to me about my sexuality... honestly speaking i never thought in my wildest dreams that he would end up being a class mate in college or more importantly... such an amazing friend!!!

17. sapphire

sapphire Guest

I lucked out for the most part when it came to telling my best guy friends I was gay. I did have the homophobe that I mentioned in my coming out story, but my other friends either already had a close gay friend or gay family members. I turned out to just be another one lol

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told him.
    He was like "OK, and?"
    I said, "Nothing - just thought you should know."
    "So now I do. So are we gonna go get pizza or not?"

Lex

19. Lautaro Adrian

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told a guy I worked post with. I was expecting him to go our watch commander and request a change in partner. But no he responded "Really, It's all good with me, I take it as if you telling me you have a girlfriend"

I have since worked with him a few times and interaction between us is the same as before.

20. PlutonianShore

Well I'm in a public boys' school where the term 'gay' still is limited to effeminate, crossdressing men (sad, I know). So, under normal circumstances, a person like me would definitely pass under the gaydar.

I have a small, select group of friends (most of them male and str8 obviously. Don't know enough girls.) who know and they are totally cool with it.