1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discovered by my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Heyitsme, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So the past day has been very up and down for me.

First off, I was in a relationship with a guy that used to go to my school (but is now in the States). We had finally gathered up the courage to put it onto our Facebook pages. I had mine blocked from my mother and the rest of my relatives. However, she, for some reason, stumbled onto his page, and saw the relationship post.

What she was angry about was me going behind her back again and planning to be with him (I was with him multiple times before, but always claimed to be "experimenting" or "just a little confused"). He did get into trouble with the law in the past (he had split personality disorder due to living basically a double life), and my mom didn't want me being with him anymore, and demanded me to never be his boyfriend again.

I broke up with my boyfriend, but not because of my mom. I feel it's more important to deal with my own bottled-up emotions first than to worry about what I plan on doing once I graduate and go off to college.

But on the bright side, she is more than accepting of me being gay. Much more than she ever was (with the possibility of me being gay) in the past, and much more than I thought she ever would have been. She's promised to help me find a counselor to talk to, in order to help me accept myself better and learn to deal with people who are uncomfortable with me in a healthy way.

My story had a bittersweet ending. Just being yourself can help people expand their mindsets. It can and does get better :slight_smile:

2. MommaFrog

I'm glad your mom was accepting of you and I'm sorry about your relationship.

**hugs**

3. Aeon Magus

Hello, Heyitsme. It's great that your mom's so supportive of you and accepts you for who you are. :slight_smile:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad that your mom was supportive of you!! I'm sorry about your relationship though..

5. Hidinginalabama

Its so good to hear that your mom is accecpting. Sorry to hear that your relationship didnt work out. But I know you will find some one else. There lots of people out there. Best of luck.:thumbsup:

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its great to hear that your mom has been able to come around and finally start being okay with it! Congrats and enjoy! :slight_smile: