1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out Via E-Mail

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Merc, May 20, 2006.

1. Merc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, I came out to my two closest friends through e-mail. The first one of them I told hardly reacted at all. She just said, "Oh. Well that sort of makes sense I suppose." Of course, now I"m probably going to have to deal with her matchmaking...

And the second one I told... she actually got mad at me because: A)I told her through e-mail and B)I was afraid to tell her. But I think she's forgiven me for keeping secrets from her... although she still managed to make me feel really stupid and guilty about the whole thing :icon_redf

2. chrisg

Well, no need to feel guilty. The important thing is that you mustered up the courage to come out to your friend, and there's no reason why anyone should fault you for that.

3. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No matter what ways you come out, the person will either feel kind of hurt because you didn't come to them earlier about this or they might feel kind of mad that you did it that way. Though I'm sure telling it in person is even more scary. Believe me it is scary when you have no choice but to come out in person.

You did the right thing.

4. TriBi

Yup - I think Brandon summed it up pretty well.

The good thing is that they both sound as if they are pretty cool about the whole thing.

5. Bobby

Merk, I know exactly what you mean. Ok, I was on a vacation and I brought my friend along. So me and him were sitting up one night talking and I just said that I was gay. He took it really well, didnt even care. He said that it didnt matter; I was still the same person and still his friend.

Well my other friend I told by email, because she lives far away. I was really nervous to tell her. Shes my best friend and I didnt want her to hate me, which was really stupid to think, I knew she couldnt hate me. But anyways, she sent an email back saying she didnt hate me. Later during a phone call she said "I cant believe you told JACK FIRST!" and later she said "Oh. Well that sort of makes sense I suppose", the same thing your friend said.

The only thing I can tell you is that your friends love you, thats why they are your friend in the first place.