1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about comming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by In The Clouds, Nov 17, 2011.

1. In The Clouds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Should I? I arranged a meeting with the school counseler and I really trust her. I just have to tell someone, you know? Just say the words "I like girls." Just scream it. Any tips? Should I tell her? :confused:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say that if you are comfortable with her then go for it. Then you could talk to her about how you feel.

3. In The Clouds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your welcome!! Good Luck!!

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah if you feel comfortable (I mean its still going to be nerve wracking) then it would be great, she sounds like an ideal person to tell.

6. Hidinginalabama

If you feel its some thing you want to do go for it. Best of luck with it.:thumbsup:

7. In The Clouds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks everybody! I'm gonna see her right after Thanksgiving, considering trimesters are gonna take up all of this and next week. So, how should I tell her? Any suggestions?

8. Rinamir Mortem

Which ever way feels more comfortable at the time. Although I would use a way of saying you like women but worded in a way that still gets the point across but that also softens the bluntness of just saying "I like women" right there and then. Perhaps another way would be a way that would make your counselor ask for clarification? That way you could probably generate some sort of conversation as your counselor would not have to try and scramble for something to say.

Of course, I think your counselor would be trained to help you however you decide to put it. Ultimately, the method will feel right on the day :grin:

Best of luck (*hug*)

9. hiddenxrainbows

It's never easy telling someone that you're not straight, no matter who it is. Even your best friends. I know, because I've done it. I remember when I first told my friends, it was sooo nerve-wracking! I just basically said something like this: "Yeeahh, there's kinda something I need to tell you...I'm kind of not..straight." And then, of course my friends asked me about it, and I explained to them that I'm pansexual. It's nerve-wracking to come out to anyone, but if you're comfortable with someone, I say go ahead and tell. She's the school counselor; it's not like she's going to judge you or anything. It's her job to help people, so if you told her, she could try and help you with coming out and stuff. ^_^

10. thesecretmii

The first person (out of three so far) that I came out to was my counselor and I wrote down "I 'like' this guy" and it was all A-O-K from there :grin: I mean, taking things well is her JOB for Pete's sake :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: so yeah, If you have problems sayings it out loud (like me, out of all three of the people I've come out to, I wrote it down. One in a fb message, one on his iPod, and one on a notepad) So... yeah... thats my advice for the day.