1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally Told My Friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by browneyedboy, Nov 28, 2011.

1. browneyedboy

A few weeks ago, i asked for advice regarding friends knowing before family, and after reading through all your amazing advice i decided to give it a go.

As it happens my friends - who have clearly suspected for the last few months- have been asking me to go to a gay club with them, anyway since i knew i wouldn't be able to say "im gay" out right or sober i went with them, it was a lot of fun dancing and drinking with them and at the end of the night i told them. As they were all gay/bi they accepted it and have been so supportive the last few weeks.

It's so nice to finally have people i can discuss things openly with, with whom i can just be myself around.

I want to thank all of you over here at ec, because i truly believe with out this website i would not have been able to gain the courage or acceptance i needed from myself to take this first step.

My parents still don't know, and i don't enjoy lying to them when i go out but i guess for now it'll have to be that way.

Thanks to everyone again :slight_smile: (&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)

2. Aielar

Congrats on coming out, and best of luck with everything else :slight_smile:

3. sapphire

sapphire Guest

Congratulations and great job! The first time you come out to people is always the hardest, but you did it!

4. Doctor Faustus

Yes yes YES!!!

I love it when this kind of thing happens. You must be over the moon.

Well done! You can be very proud of yourself :slight_smile: Onwards and upwards!

Best,

F.

5. Hidinginalabama

Thats do awesome. So happy that it went that great. Like doctor faustus said you should be so proud of yourself for coming out to them. Its a big part of you life and something you will never forget. I only hope your parents will take it just as good. Best of luck and let us know how things go.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! It's always hard to come out to the first few people. I hope that your parents react just as well.

7. RedKnight

Yay. Go Stephen! Take note, the world didn't end :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Vesper

Congrats, man!

9. EM68

Congrats! Good luck with telling your parents.

10. Silver Sparrow