1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quite Proud :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Cornflakes, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Cornflakes

I've been questioning since almost the start of this year, and I've accepted now that I'm not straight, at all.
    I told 3 friends today, all at separate times, that I'm a lesbian. That means that I've been absolutely terrified 3 times today, for no reason at all :grin:. That's 7 people that know! I'm so happy right now, but it all seems real, and I can't deal with anyone else knowing. I'm so scared for other's reactions, and the abuse I might get from it, I'm not a strong person, and getting hate would break me.

So, mixed emotions really. Proud at getting the hang of this whole coming out thing, but scared that it's definitely real :/

2. Aielar

Yay! Congrats for coming up with the courage to come out :3

Not sure if this will help you, but the only people I have left to come out to is my family, and I'm scared beyond reason to do so, because I fear rejection from my family. So, just know that you're not alone with the fear of coming out to more people, I guess is what I'm trying to say. Knowing one isn't alone seems to help a fair bit, at least it did for me.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. Hidinginalabama

Congrats on coming out to them and accepting the true you. It is something you should be really proud of. It takes a lot to come out to people when you fear what they will think or say. I got to say that's super awesome for what you did today. Hope everthing keeps getting better for you and people take the new as good for you as they did for me.

4. Doctor Faustus

Hey, well done for coming out! The first step is always the hardest: gradually it will get easier. It might be a struggle and take a while, but things will get better. :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! The first step is the hardest, after that it gets much easier to come out to others. Just take it at your own pace and you'll be fine!!