1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so gay!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by breakingboxes, Nov 29, 2011.

1. breakingboxes

My coming out story...

I was 16 and in my 4th secret relationship. I had been dating J for about a month and I decided that I might be able to trust a good friend... NOT. told her and she followed me to the movie theater and took video and picture without my knowledge and by the time i left, EVERYONE including my parents knew. I attempted suicide that night.

I came out of that and continued my life with no friends and the elephant in the room until i was kicked out at 18. I was homeless in Seattle until I ran into my current partner. we hit it off. we bumped into each other at a coffee shop after meeting at a college and talked for hours. She is amazing.

So, after 6 months, while on the phone with my mother I broke the news to her that I was in a serious relationship with a woman. She screamed, told me I was going to hell and said my partner turned me gay. I reminded her about J and told her there were others. didn't matter. I was heartbroken. I had hoped she thought about it and was coming to terms with it. NOPE.

I am finally at a place where I can accept that my parents are stuck in boxes and will probably never come out. But everywhere I go I meet people and break a few boxes down. :slight_smile:

Its not all bad. My partner and I are very happy and getting married in July. :slight_smile:

Anyways, enough babbling... that's my story. :slight_smile:

2. Sadepeura

That's quite a story! But I am very happy that you have survived all that and are living your life happily now and that things have got so much better! :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your story!

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for sharing!!
    I'm glad that you have survived all of that, it shows that you are a very strong person.
    I'm also glad that things have gotten better for you.

4. breakingboxes

Thanks both of you! xx

5. Vesper

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through hell after your friend outed you in that way. Your current and future happiness will be the ultimate justice to what she and your parents had done to you.

6. Paper Heart

Perfect example of however dark things are, they do get better. Thank you for sharing it!

7. breakingboxes

Thanks ChouChou! I agree! my happiness must burn them...
    xx

8. Artemicion

Wow, congratulations. And going through all that, you are a strong person. Thanks for sharing your story!

9. Doctor Faustus

That IS quite a story!

Glad to hear you're moving on! Burn those boxes! :grin:

Best,

Doctor F.

10. In The Clouds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm really sorry for all the hell you were put through. So happy you survived it and that you've found someone. Thanks for sharing your story. It's given me hope that somewhere, someone will understand and accept me, even if my parents don't. Wish you the best. :eusa_clap