1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This happened a few weeks ago

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Charni, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (I am 16 years old and I am a straight cross dresser and I borrowed clothes off my girlfriend.)

One day I finally told mum but she didn't believe me. I eventually convinced her but she didn't like it. She told dad once he got home which was about 5 minutes later, and he didn't like it either. It ended up them being mean and saying things like "you're not three anymore, you shouldn't be playing dress ups anymore", (don't you like being a boy, are you queer or something", "don't be stupid, boys don't dress up as girls", "are you sick? Do you need to go to a counseler?". I was told I won't be seeing my girlfriend for a while, and I still have only been able to see her at school. I was also told "you are not to do anything this stupid ever again". The cross dressing has been brought up twice since then and both times it wasn't nice. Whenever an ad for women's clothes comes on they would look at me wierdly but this has stopped. They were very angry at my girlfriend but lately they haven't been negative about her. It really hurt me when they rejected me and I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else. I still can't talk to them easily.

2. kellymporta

:eusa_eh: Your parents are forbidding you to see your girlfriend because you came out as a cross dresser? Unless your parents caught you with your girlfriends clothes on, there is no reason for your parents to react that way. In fact, having a girlfriend should help you out. I mean, you could tell your parents that at least you're not gay.

3. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They aren't forbidding me from seeing her, I just can't organise to see her. School is okay though. I told mum that I actually borrowed my girlfriend's clothes.

4. Hidinginalabama

It sucks that your parents took it like that and I'm sorry to hear that it went that way. And ya I would have probably not told them where I got the clothes just cause it really wouldn't help eather way. I hope your parents will come around and accept you for who you are. It will probably take some time for them but like Kellymoporta said your parents should at least be happy you have a girl friend. Best of luck and don't forget it gets better.

5. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I really regret telling them now. I hope they come around too, but unfortinantly I don't see that happening. I hope it does get better.

6. Cookie34

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hey, that was a really brave thing too do telling your parents :slight_smile:
    Its sad how they reacted but I agree with the what everyone else said give your parents time (and remind them that you are not gay) as it was proberly abit of a shock too them and it has to sink in.
    You could try talking too your mom about it again (seperatly away from your dad) and explain how you feel about what happened and see what she says cause at the end of the day they are your family and they love you so they will accept you it just may take a while.

7. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks. They know I am not gay, at least I hope they know. I asked her if I could go somewhere with my girlfriend today and she said I might be able to if I have stopped my "strange behaviour".

8. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Hi, have you thought about seeing your counselor? I think this will help you with the stress you may currently have due to your parents behavior.

However, if the counselor is a creep, don't visit him/her.

9. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't have one... and she didn't help with my depression a few years back.

---------- Post added 5th Dec 2011 at 09:54 PM ----------

But I am talking to somebody here which helps.

10. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (*hug*) Hang in there, we're all here for you (&&&)

11. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks.

12. ESA3NZ

Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so if the condition is that you stop your 'Strange Behavior', then I suggest that u humor them and say that u are over it...
    I mean considering the fact that you dnt want to crossdress in Public, then dnt let them know.
    Your 16, you only have to live under their roof for a few more years. Jus dnt make it obvious to them & they may become Oblivious to it...

jus saying...
    Good Luck!
    :slight_smile: