1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Happy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by midwestgirl89, Nov 30, 2011.

1. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have some issues lately but right now I'm feeling good. I showed my mom this video.... [YOUTUBE]What does it mean to be a lesbian? - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

And she said "That's a good video, I love it and I think it explains a lot. I love you." I am so happy that she is okay with it and that we are talking more about me being gay now. I told her 6 years ago that I'm gay but we don't ever talk about it. Lately I've gotten up the courage. I just...... right now I'm feeling happy that she said that, that's all. And I'm honestly proud of myself for talking about my sexuality.

I still struggle so it helps to hear her say those things.

2. Sadepeura

I love the video too! I kind of want to post it to my facebook now...

But I'm so happy for you that your mum understands you better now and that you feel happy! :slight_smile:

3. Gallatin

Yay! I'm glad your mom responded well to the video! :slight_smile:

4. Hidinginalabama

Thats awesome to hear that she liked the video. And it's even better that she is talking to you about your sexuality. Keep it up it sound so great to hear things like this. :slight_smile:

5. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your all's support!! I still feel okay and better. You should totally put it on your facebook if you want. :slight_smile:

6. Snowflake

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The video is wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I know quite a few people that will appreciate it very much. (including myself, of course.)

7. Sadepeura

I did actually post it on facebook! It was a bit exciting because I haven't told everyone on my facebook that I'm gay. And there are a few potentially homophobic people. :grin: But now it's up there!

OMG, someone has deleted me on facebook! I have one friend less than I did earlier. It could be totally unrelated though. Now I want to know who it was!

#7 Sadepeura, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  8. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

(*hug*) Congrats on posting it to your wall!!! :eusa_clap You're brave. Don't worry about the 1 person who deleted you because it probably has nothing to do with the video. If it does, he/she is not worth your time anyway. It took a lot of courage to do that.

I don't even know you but I'm proud of you, lol. :slight_smile: I am not brave enough to post it to my facebook because all of my family is on there. Plus friends from high school. But someday I hope to be open enough to do so.

---------- Post added 2nd Dec 2011 at 03:28 PM ----------

Thanks, I think it's a good way to get straight friends to understand what it's like to be gay. Because they can't truly get what it's like to see heterosexual people everwhere and feel like you're an outsider. Even watching tv or looking at advertisement posters, there is a heterosexual majority. I also loved this video because it can relate to anyone if they've ever felt different.