1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my neighbor

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GoinStag, Dec 3, 2011.

1. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

So, if you don't know, my mom blocked all of my gay friends' numbers on my phone, but left all the straight ones so I could call them. Fucked up. I know. I had nobody to talk to if I had issues, so at around 11-ish I decided to walk next door to my (gay) neighbor Jeff's house. Mom wasn't home. She gets along with Jeff, though. He's like in his 50's, so I figured I should see if I could go to him to talk about my struggles with my family accepting me.

I knocked on his door and asked if I was interrupting anything and if I could talk to him about something, and he said "no, come on in"...I just kind of stood there like "sooo....wow....okay...uhhh....I'm sure you already get what I'm here to talk about", and he was like "Yeah, I have an idea". I said "Yeaaahhhh....wow, this is kind of hard", and he said "It is". Basically, I told him I'm gay and I needed someone to talk to, and I explained that my mom blocked all of my gay friends from calling.

Well, at around 11:40-ish, I see my mom had texted me telling me to "GET HOME RIGHT NOW", because she didn't know where I was (my mistake, I know). I told her I was talking to Jeff and I'd be home in a minute. Not a minute later she came slamming on his door, and when he let her in she started screaming at me telling I had hell to pay and to get home.

I went home, and found my room looking like a tornado had hit it, and my cigarettes and gay romance story (Yeah, I'm corny) missing. I called my dad and he came over. Me and him talked for at least an hour before she got back. Me and her argued a little. She told me that my emotions over these passed 4 years had her worried, and when I didn't answer her when she came home, she was afraid of what she might find if she opened my bedroom door. That I felt bad about.

She started yelling at me about the gay romance book (erotica-ISH) and cigarettes. I just said "Oh my God, mom, I masturbate. EVERYBODY DOES IT. And you don't give a shit if I smoke you've seen me do it a million times so I don't see what the problem is".

By the end of the night she was apologetic for freaking out on me. I'm now at my dad's spending the night, and I'm exhausted! So yup, there's another "coming out story", I guess lol.

2. Sadepeura

Wow. Your mom doesn't sound like the easiest person to live with. But could you maybe get a prepaid sim card and a cheap phone and use that to phone your gay friends?

It sounds like she's really struggling to accept your sexuality and afraid of what might happen. She probably just needs time, and is definitely not reacting the best way possible. :S Unbelievable.

But hang in there! And it's amazing that your dad is understanding! It's good that you have him to support you.

Did talking to Jeff help? It's good that you also have him around. :slight_smile:

3. Doctor Faustus

Your dad and Jeff may well be the two most amazing people you have ever encountered! :slight_smile:

Be strong mate!

4. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Thanks, guys!

My dad....is learning to come to terms with it, but when it comes to shit with my mom he usually has my back a lot of the time. Jeff was pretty good to talk to because I knew he understood a lot of the shit I was going through.

One big thing I was upset about was my mom coming over and screaming. He didn't ask for that. I told her how upset I was about it because it made me look bad, and she's pretty apologetic. She's still psycho, though.

5. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Congrats, and it is good to know that your mom calmed down and apologized. :slight_smile: Remember that your mom has some good moment and bad ones.

PS: She know knows you have a sensitive head.