1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She now knows I like guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pilgrim is hot, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Pilgrim is hot

So yeah I came out to my sister today, have to say I found it unbeleviably hard to get the words out to her and stumbled around my words for a bit before saying it, to start off with she was kind of skeptical as she thought it may be a phase, I told her I had these thoughts since I was 14 and her words were "oh wow this is kind of huge" she promised not to tell anyone but she keeps on about "doing something about it" she keeps telling me I need to go out and try it, not sure what to think about that tbh :confused:

The rest of the day was good, we went out for the whole day she didn't really talk about it, I think she may be a bit surprised, although she did ask me which celebs I like and we had a long discussion about Jared Letos hotness while at the shopping centre :icon_bigg that was pretty awesome.

So yeah the world didn't explode, I feel a bit odd about it tbh but her reaction seems pretty good. I think she may need time to mull it over as she seemed geniunly surprised about it. I do feel better though :icon_bigg

2. Doctor Faustus

You feel better. That is the main thing!

Well done for coming out! (*hug*) You can only go onwards and upwards from here. Not every response will be as warm or as sincere as your sister's, but over time you'll grow as a person, enough to be able to deal with and brush off idiots who can't accept you for who you are.

It's the start of a long journey, and an amazing one. Some things will get you down along the way, but now you've started don't ever look back. :slight_smile:

Keep in touch,

Dr. F.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! I'm glad that your sister accepts you. Also like Dr.F said, you con only go forward from here!!

4. Gallatin

Congratulations! I'm glad she took it well, and that you feel good about it! :slight_smile:

5. Valeyard

Congratulations! Telling your first family member is usually the hardest, and it's even worse if they took it badly. I'm glad she took it well :icon_bigg

6. Ianthe

That's great! Your sister sounds awesome.

I don't know what she means by "try it out" either. But maybe she'd go with you to a gay club or something?

7. Sadepeura

I think that is a very good reaction. She probably just needs sometime to adjust to the idea because she might not know what being gay means exactly. Congratulations for telling her!

8. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Congrats, and good to hear everything went well. :slight_smile:

9. Pilgrim is hot

My sisters not talking much about it but I figure she just needs some time.

Thanks all I really don't know if I could of done it without EC, I feel really good today :icon_bigg

#9 Pilgrim is hot, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011