1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about my mom telling my dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by charlie12, Dec 15, 2007.

1. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's my story.

I came out to my mom back in June. She promised me that she would not tell anyone else that I'm bi. Last night my mom was telling me that she wants to tell my dad that I'm bi. I told her please don't because you know how he is. She thinks he has a right to know and in someway, I do agree, but not totally. See my dad is so homophobic and that's why I don't want him to know. I'm worried that he may disown me and tell me to get out of the house. If he were to tell me to get out of house, I don't know where I would go. My mom told me that she will not let my dad kick me out of the house and that he will accept me for who I am. My mom says that I shouldn't have to keep hiding and she's right. My mom told me that if she tells my dad, she will do it. I am telling my mom if she does tell my dad, to make sure I'm not home, and to please call me on my cell phone afterwards. Just thinking about all of this makes my heart race.

2. Grof142007

Man that rough But your mom got ur back

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

oh harsh. good luck man, i hope your dad doesn't take it as bad as all that. (*hug*) tell us how it goes, and good luck!

4. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just talked to my mom. She will not tell my dad. She said when I'm ready, I can have her tell my dad if I want. My secret is safe with her she said.

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

oh good, i'm glad for you. nobody should be outed in that way. :slight_smile: hopefully some time you will feel ready to tell your dad on your own terms.

6. waitingsucks

At least you'll always have your mum behind you. When you decide to your mum won't let anything bad happen to you!

7. Katness

I just wanted to say. Thats good. The only time I'd ever tell someone like your dad is if I met someone. Then with your mum and partner I'd tell him. I mean it is good having the back up of one parent. But even better having the back up of one parents and a partner at the same time.