1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sister and I having quite an awkward time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rinto, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Rinto

Rinto Guest

It all started when my baby sister's birthday party was all through. (Btw, I have two younger sisters, one that is still a baby and the other being 3 years younger than me. Let's just call the elder one between them Mickey) Around 9 in the evening, Mick and I went home last night and brought our baby sis back home to let her sleep comfortably. Since the both of us still were not that sleepy, we just talked all night long while lulling our little baby sis to sleep. It was around 11 when I presented the subject.

At that time, I was too nervous to come out to her so, to make the stress subside, I just told her a little bit about my past relationships with a few girls. I know that that wasn't such a good idea, bragging about having two girlfriends and such but there was no other way I could calm myself. The next thing I thought to do was to tell her about my crushes, from the very first one I loved to those ones I still have up to now. From that point then, I gained the courage to finally tell her. She was already preparing for sleep. She was hiding under the blanket because I was scaring her so that she'll listen to me. And then I murmured the magic words like: "I'm not only crushing on girls but I also have crushes with boys." That was quick and soft. AT first, I thought she didn't hear it because she had no reaction from under the blanket. So I repeated it. Te moment I repeated it, still, there was no reaction.

I then asked her,"Do you believe me?" She said, "Of course."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"So... do you accept me for what I am?"

"Sure."

"Aren't you... disgusted or going to ask something about me? I mean, we have gays and lesbians on our family but do you also accept them and not question them?"

"No. I'm just okay with it. Why should I ask you?"

"Well, isn't being like this kind of a letdown?"

"Well....... That's just fine with me. There really isn't that much of a change with you."

That practically was how it went, more or less, but it was in our language. All I expected was actually one big "WOW" and/or "REALLY?!?!" but it turned out expressionless. I guess she really was expecting it. Actually, she already thought I was gay because of, maybe, some girly actions.

That was it. Not that much for an actual good story to tell, but simply a plain revelation to a simple-minded person. Just wanna share~^^

2. hiddenxrainbows

Aww good for you! I'm proud! It's not easy telling family, I know. (Out of my family, I've only really come out to my cousin XD) And I have a little sister, too. She's almost thirteen, so she's the same age as yours. I haven't told her yet...I've been kinda scared to. >.< But reading this positive reaction from your sister, I think I might work up the courage to tell my own sister soon. Thanks! ^.^

3. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I wish the best for you, and thanks! ^^

4. hiddenxrainbows

Aww thanks! ^.^ & you're welcome.

5. Hidinginalabama

Way to go. Congrats on coming out to your sister.

6. invisible manny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i am so happy for you to tell your sister. this reminds me when i told my younger sister who's 2 yrs younger than me. since i was young, i knew i liked guys, i just never said it. when i told my sis, she already had a feeling that i was gay. her "i knew it" reaction confirmed it. anyway, i'm glad you told your sister. obviously you love her enough to tell her. i'm very happy for you!! good luck in your future!

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Most of the time we over think how people will react to the news and prepare ourselves for tons of questions and surprises so its shocking when people seem to accept it faster than maybe we were able to.

Be happy! You have a supportive sister by your side who will be there for you through thick and thin. Doesn't get better than that! Congrats on coming out to her :slight_smile:

8. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Thank you so much guys! I really am glad that I have her. She's been teasing me because we have the same crush but then, I guess that's how she express her sweetness. :grin: