1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sis finally coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by invisible manny, Dec 8, 2011.

1. invisible manny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My younger sister (who's 16) came out to me earlier in the year. Her name is Kat. I actually found out from someone else rather than hearing it from my sis. I just wanted to talk to her and tell her what I felt.

So one regular day in school, I was sitting there half dead in U.S. Government. My closest friend at the time, Steph, already knew my sis and had a good relationship with each other. When the teacher went to talk on the phone, Steph asked me if my sis was ok. Obviously I said yes, but why did ask that kind of question? Steph told me if I knew a guy named Danny. I said, "Yeah, that's her best friend." Steph then asked told me to check out Kat's tumblr. I demanded Steph to tell me what was going on, but she insisted that I should check out my sis' tumblr.

Later that day, I checked Kat's tumblr. I *scroll* *scroll* *scrolled* all the way down to where she posted something about her and Danny. There, she came out to all her followers, saying that she told her best friend. She was gay and she was not afraid. Upon reading this I was confused. It was a complete surprise to me. I never knew she was a lesbian. The only lesbian reference she made was "I would go gay for Gaga" and I didn't think of it much because, c'mon, she has a nice body. I would go straight for Gaga. Anyways, I understood why the first person she told was her best friend Danny because he was bi. I was upset because I was wondering why she hasn't told me yet. Of course I would have accepted her. She's my sister and she's one of the most important people in my life. I had to tell her about her post.

Later that week, we were at my dad's house (we go stay there for 2 days because of my parent's divorce). Kat was hungry so I drove us to an In-n-Out drive thru. It was just the two of us. I thought it was the perfect time to ask of her post was true. While we were just sitting there in the car, I had no idea how to start. I thought, "I'll just ask her." While still contemplating, I started to tear up. I just had to ask her up front, "You know I love you, right?" I had a small tremor in my voice and started to choke up (like I am now writing this). "Why do you ask?" I then told her about her post. She confirmed it was true. She was meaning to tell me, but she just had a hard time and didn't know how. I hugged her tight and told her that I would NEVER treat her any different (God, why am I crying? I always tear up when I think of this story). I love her too much to treat her different. At this point we were both crying with tears and hair all over her face. I patted her head, told her I loved her, and got our burgers to go home.

I just love my sister and wanted to share this story. (*hug*)

2. mike90

It is really nice that you look after your sister and support her. I am glad things are in the open now :slight_smile: xx

3. Hot Pink

It's difficult to come out to your family, even if on the inside you know they'd be okay with it. Gah! I got all teary at the end of your story.