1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not really coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by alan t, Dec 13, 2011.

1. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently decided that coming out is more a state of my own mind than a question of which particular people know or don't know. As long as I don't care whether people know, then that should mean I'm out to them, whether they actually happen to know or not, right? I think I'd like to follow this approach. So, though I haven't actually done any coming out lately, I've decide to declare myself out. (except to family members - I'm not including them because in that case I think it does matter whether they really know or not)

2. theWorldisYours

I have to agree with you here. Sometimes I act differently around people because I'm not sure if they know I'm gay or not. When I know they know, I'm completely comfortable, and confident. I definitely need to learn that coming out, is coming to terms with myself.

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like your attitude as well. I think it can work for family too if you are close with them. The way I look at it for me is that they have known me longer than any of my friends and probably know me better than I think. Maybe you're saying that you need to tell family members directly in order for you to feel that you're out to them even if they probably already know/assume. A lot of people seem to have that feeling, although I'm not sure it's necessary, especially at your/my age, but maybe it is. I dunno really :thumbsup:

4. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I don't mean that. I agree with you that it's not necessary. But, in my case I'm sure that they don't know. Also, with them I think I still can't act like they do.

5. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Good attitude :slight_smile: