1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Turn!! Woohoo :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CelebrityHead, Dec 17, 2007.

1. CelebrityHead

It's been a week or so since this happened, but I haven't had much spare time. I had some spare time tonight, so I wrote a little anecdote for you all to read:

I hadn't come out to anybody else since I joined EC. My 'out status' was set to family for quite a while, as I told my mum three days before New Years' last year along with my brothers and my older brother's girlfriend. Everyone was supportive, my brothers just didn't want to discuss hot guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I never asked for any support from you guys on EC because I didn't think I needed it - I just wanted to wait before I told my best friends. It wasn't about whether or not they'd be okay with it, I was absolutely certain that they'd be cool with my sexuality, it was finding an appropriate time and place to tell them. I never wanted to just blurt it randomly in conversation because I knew my friends wouldn't take me seriously, as they hardly do anyway :lol: - and at the same time I didn't want to make such a big deal of it, because I've accepted myself completely - I have for a long time now.

So, the story. Me and four friends (Ashlee, Bree, Daniel and Natalie - let's say) went to stay in Daniel's caravan near the beach (Phillip Island for all you Victorians) for five nights to basically drink and have fun, so as to celebrate the end of high school (A.K.A "Schoolies"). We had this trip planned for months, and we were all intent on having a really good time - which we did! Daniel and I slept in the annex - I made sure I had the bottom bunk because I could imagine myself falling off the top one when my motor skills were sure to be reduced later on. The three girls slept on various mattresses inside the caravan.

Anyway, the first night we walked into town and I was slightly intoxicated. I was having a little drunken sob and I told Ashlee that I had something on my mind, but that it's better if I told her about it when I was sober. So she said okay and we went on to the bottle shop.

A few days passed and I endured a few derogatory remarks from Daniel about gays and just kind of nodded or agreed half-heartedly. One night we had a discussion about who we would turn for. That was amusing to say the least. Daniel said he'd turn for Brad Pitt just so that he could pick up chicks - women would apparently wanna be with someone that had been with Brad Pitt :lol:. A few standard responses from the girls, before I admitted that I'd "turn" for a guy at school (Cam, let's say), who is incredibly good-looking. Daniel then proceeded to send Cam an sms saying exactly what I'd said. He got a reply reading, "That's nice. But wouldn't that mean he'd have to be straight first?" I thought Cam might've known already, so it didn't bother me. The others just sorta laughed it off.

We also had a few discussions about who we actually liked. Unfortunately I was hammered at the time, so I came up with quite an embarrassing response that went something like, "Natalie Portman. She is so incredibly gorgeous. If I met her I would swap my Charizard for her Squirtle, just so I could say that I have Natalie Portman's Squirtle. I don't care if I'm getting ripped off, it's Natalie Portman." Note: I haven't touched pokemon cards in the past 8 years lol. But my friends bought it and they had yet another thing to bag me about in the morning.

So it comes to the second last day and we're all lying on the beach, sober and sun baking, and Daniel decides to go back to the caravan because he's burning and had a big night the night before. We laid there for a while before I realised - this is the perfect time and place to tell my three best friends. None of us had a care in the world at the time (despite some drama I'll leave unrevealed), homophobic Daniel had gone far away, and I had already set up with Ashlee the fact that I had to tell her something important.

I waited until there was a long silence and I asked Ashlee if she remembered me telling her that I had something on my mind on the first night. She did, and she was now awaiting some elaboration. My heart was pounding with anticipation - I had waited all year long for a moment like this and there wouldn't be another like it for a very long time, so I bit the bullet. I had some trouble to begin with, but then the words "I'm gay" passed my lips. They asked, "are you serious?" and I was like, "yeah." It took a moment to sink in but then Ashlee and Bree started firing questions, but those of the sympathetic and curious kind. I answered them with confidence and the girls said it's cool, but they never suspected it! And then they went on about how awkward it must've been in those agonising interrogations about who I like or who I would "turn" for. They put themselves in my shoes and were massively sympathetic.

Natalie, however, didn't say a word. After the other two girls and I talked on the beach for a bit, we grew concerned about the amount of time we'd spent in the sun. All of us walked back to the caravan park, but Natalie was in front, not wanting to talk to anybody. The other girls hadn't said anything about her behaviour until I stopped and asked them what was up with her. They both said that Natalie had liked me for ages. So I thought, fair enough, I'll let her think it over herself, I'm not going to talk to her now. NOTE: The other day on msn she said she was just shocked at the time and she's actually cool with it now :slight_smile:

We spent our last night getting absolutely plastered, watching a Japanese horror movie about a woman wanting to steal her friend's kidney, and confessing which guys really turned us on (when Daniel was out of earshot). I passed out on the floor many times that night. Daniel apparently picked my head up by my hair and let go, hence my face slammed into the ground, and I still didn't wake up.

More importantly, I'm out and if I'm ever asked I won't lie about my sexuality, because now that my family and best friends know, I don't really care who else possesses the knowledge of my sexuality. And I love my friends more than ever before! :thumbsup:

2. CrimsonThunder

I'm pretty sure my love for you is now confirmed.

CONGRATS BABE. >=D

3. InaRut

*Wipes tear away from eye*
    That is a wicked story! Good work man.
    I might be like 5% closer to coming out to my friends...which is a total of...
    5%. Woah!
    hahaha.

Really though...I am just looking for the right time to tell them. I know they'll be cool with it. They'll probobly joke..and tease me...but what are friends for. Haha! Well first I have to tell a certain "Someone" and then maybe...I'll have enough confidence for the rest of them.

Great story though, sounds like alot of fun :grin:!

4. CelebrityHead

I thought you'd appreciate that lol :lol:

That's exactly how I felt, just wait and you'll find the right time. When it comes, just go for it - no looking back!

5. CrimsonThunder

I bet you were thinking of me when you said it too. >_> I should totally bring back my Pikachu avatar, I miss him.... But Randy Orton is oh so hot. >_> Why cant we have two?

6. InaRut

Tom...I'm gay
    That was easy :grin:

7. LorenzG1950

I don't think that counts here :eusa_naug InaRut.

Great story CelebrityHead. Now what about Daniel?

8. CrimsonThunder

Daniel is an ass..

9. InaRut

Should he really come out to the homophobe. Maybe it's best to leave that one.

10. panda

Happy For You!!!

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    What a great story! Congrats! When I was reading that Natalie didn't talk, I was thinkin "she liked him".

12. CelebrityHead

Ah, I couldn't be bothered with him, someone else can tell him for all I care :thumbsup:

Correct! 1 point to Becky. I knew she had liked me in the past but didn't know that she did then, which was about a few weeks after she split with her boyfriend.

13. Alex89

Congrats!

We should start a "who would you turn straight for?" thread. XD

14. CelebrityHead

I think that might've already been done. But you can always do another... it won't hurt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. davo-man

Hehe that's a great story, esp the Natalie Portman part...Congrats and it sounds likke you got a great bunch of friends there

16. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Daniel is such as asswipe, but congrats 4 u for coming out!! WOOT!!!!