1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i said to one of my good friends on msn

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hakeem_uk, May 29, 2006.

1. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

i said to one of my good friends on msn that i was gay and now he is not talking to me any more

well what can u do

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Give him a few days to get his head around the idea, then try to contact him again. Maybe email him, as you can say more without having to reply to his words instantly. Email gives you a chance to think about what you want to say more.

If he still won't communicate, then maybe he's not such a good friend as you thought? There are some people who just cannot accept the real you. I guess most of us encounter one or two "friends" like this during the coming process. If he won't accept, all you can do is let him go and move on.

3. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I'd go with Paul_UK's advice, I've had friends that can deal with it, some that just don't care. Hopefully if you're friend is good friend then he'll contact you in a couple of days and apologize for not talking to you.

4. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

thanks you two, as you say just wait but i now i dont want to be his friend anymore because of the way he went about it.

thanks anyway

5. Micah

How long has it been since he last spoke to you? Has he been diliberately ignoring you or just avoiding you? It takes some people more time to adjust to the idea than others. Try to talk to him about it first before cutting him off completely.

6. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

i think it has been 2 or 3 days and he has not talked to me after i say to him am gay.

7. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well then I don't think he will talk to you anymore. So he must of not be a great friend. Because good friends usually take either a couple of minutes or a day to think it over and let it sink in. Then they talk to you. Some times if they have a problem with it they would let you know about it.

8. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

i have a best friend that doesnt live in the country hes know am gay and is ok with and that what a call a good friend.

9. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A good friend would be okay with it, they wouldn't care. Its good to have those kind of people in your life. :thumbsup:

10. nisomer

does this guy go to school with you? maybe try to go up and talk to him.

11. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

which one the good friend who knows am gay and the one they didnt take it well.:confused:

12. nisomer

the one that didnt take it well :slight_smile: if he does go to your school have you tried talking to him personally?

13. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

doesnt go to my school be we got on well but he cant take it that am gay.:icon_frow