1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to one of my oldest friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by thevedman, Dec 24, 2011.

1. thevedman

I finally told one of my oldest friends that I'm gay! I've known him since we were 8, and a year ago I don't think I could have ever managed to tell him, but on Thursday night I met up with him and another friend who knows and told him. I managed to do it in the most awkward way... I basically said 'hey man can I tell you something, I need to be serious for a moment. Basically last year I was seeing someone, and it was a guy.' and he was just like 'Oh, ok.' and then I tried to make some joke about how I was a freak but it totally came out wrong, and my other friend was like 'Well I think he's said it in the stupidest way but he really wanted to tell you, and it's cool.' Phew. Feels great. His response, after my awkward, stupid joke was good, he was just like 'I'm glad you told me.'

I text him yesterday just and said 'hey man great to see you the other day, just wanted to say cheers for being so cool about everything, it means a lot.' Then I made some joke about going to the pub. He text back later to say 'No worries man, that's what friends are for!' I needed to just get a response about it after having told him, you know just to confirm that it wouldn't be awkward. Which it looks like it isn't!

Have to say a massive thank you to EC, I never thought I'd be getting to this stage, feels like I'm finally getting somewhere! Thanks guys! :icon_bigg

PS sorry if it's a bit rambling, I'm sort of just writing in an amazed/excited kind of way!

2. Bedroom Hymns

Congratulations! (*hug*) I'm glad both your friends took it well.

3. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm so happy for you! Congrats!