1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Seed in the Grass Patch-A comming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by InaRut, Dec 19, 2007.

1. InaRut

Hey everyone :grin:. I wrote this story for my mom for her birthday on December 20th. I'm not going to tell her what it's about, I'm just going to hand her this, and a small jewelry box.

I thought I'd also share it with you guys :grin:
    In exchange that you give me a quick edit. :help:
    (Especially if I saw "He" instead of "It")

Anyways, Enjoy
    (This is suppose to be a tear jerker for my mom. BTW)

The Seed in the Grass Patch

A long, long time ago, in one of the most richest and beautiful kingdoms lived a Famous Gardner who went by the name of Moth Her. The reason for Moth Her being so famous was because she was the gardener of the King’s grass fields. The grass fields that were only too consist of two items, the kings emerald and perfect green grass, and the king’s stone path—and that was it!

Well, one day while Moth Her was doing her duty as grass gardener, carefully and daintily tiptoeing around ever grass blade (as to not bend or ruin the king’s perfect grass) she came across a certain patch of grass that seemed to be distressed. So elegantly she bent down and gently whispered to the many blades of the patch,

“Oh dear grass patch, is everything okay?”

“Yes.” The grass patch said.

But Moth Her was a wise lady and she knew that everything was not okay, so she frowned and said again,

“Dearest grass patch, is everything okay?”

The Grass patch hesitated and they finally spoke up,

“Well. I think I might have a seed in me.”

The gardener rose to her feet with a shocked look on her face. A seed was bad news, very bad news indeed. For if the seed grew among the king’s grass then the king would not be pleased at all. Moth her after catching her breath lowered herself down to the grass patch,

“Grass Patch, are you sure there is a seed under your gentle blades?”

Although the grass patch did indeed know that there was a seed under it, seeing that Moth Her didn’t like the idea of the seed in his soil it decided to lie,

“Maybe. But I’m sure there isn’t.”

Moth Her knew the grass patch was lying, but when she tried to talk to it again it merely would not reply. So with a frown on her lip she went on with her duties. All the while thinking about what she had just heard.

That night a nightmare came to visit her. As she slept visions of the seed growing crept around through her head. She rolled around in her blanket, picturing a grotesque plant emerging in the king’s walkway. The plant was thorny, the plant was unacceptable, it was queer, and weird. It freely stretched its roots through other grass patches and didn’t care where it spread itself. The King would come by and frown at such an ugly plant and therefore that grass patch would be hated by all, and never loved.

That night, the grass patch did not sleep so well either.

In the morning, it was time for Moth Her to do her duties again. With watering can in one hand and sheers in the other, she watered and removed the weeds of the many grass patches. However when she came up to that one particular grass patch she had dreamed of last night, the once tall and brilliantly green grass blades were now wilted and starting to go yellow. She leaned down into the grass,

“Grass patch? What is the matter?” She whispered in her most kind voice.

“Go away.” The grass patch rudely responded.

Moth Her curled her lip and looked at the grass patch, “Now is that any way to talk to a lady?”

The grass patch rustled its dying blades, “Go away.” The grass patch trying to stop the seed under him from growing was starting to become weak and cranky. Hiding something like a growing plant was a very hard thing to do. But it loved its Moth Her, and didn’t want to see her be hurt.

However Moth Her loved the grass as though it was her own child, and she could see that the grass was not feeling well. So in her kindest, most gentle voice she spoke to it,
    “Grass patch, I know you were lying. You do have a little seed in you. And although I’m scared for you, we both know that it will be better if you just let it grow.”

The grass patch curled its blades even further down, and turned more yellow, “But if it grows, the other grass patches might laugh at me.”

Moth Her shook her head, “It doesn’t matter, you’ll still be as green to me as any grass patch in this field.”

The grass patch started to turn a bit more green, “But what if it grows to be something ugly and hideous?”

Moth Her shook her head again, “It doesn’t matter, because it’s from you, it will be beautiful in my heart.”

The grass patch was now a dull olive green and it’s blades we’re starting to turn straight, “But what if the king sees it. I will be the ugliest patch of grass in this field.”

Moth her shook her head a third time, “It doesn’t matter because even if your hated, even if it turns ugly, and even if everyone makes fun of you. I will still love you.”

And with those words the grass blade shot its emerald green blades high into the air as the ground below it began to shake. And with a might popping sound grew…
    (This is where mom opens her present to see a small crystal flower)
    A small flower, nothing more, nothing less.

Moth Her smiled, looking down at the flower. It was small, unnoticeable, and seemed to hardly make a difference in the way the king’s grass field looked. And even though it was strange, a little out of place, and perhaps a little colourful, it didn’t matter to Moth Her, the king, or the other grass patches at all.

The end.

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Aww thats so nice that you'd write a story for your mum! I think i'd just get my mum a card..... :grin:

3. Nicknikko

awww it's cutee
    i love you you called it "Moth Her" is very good!
    :grin:

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

great story! if i was your mum, i'd feel so proud to have that written for me! =]

5. Ty

Ty Guest

read it all.
    I like the choice of words "it was strange, queer, ect"
    Great story! Didn't think you were so creative :wink:

6. Hollywood

7. Grof142007

wow that such a great story (good way to come out hehe)

8. biisme

that's sooooooooooooo sweet!!!!! i love it.

9. sdc91

Awwwwwwww. Nice. =)

10. sevengoblin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow that was really good.

11. Urman

Urman Guest

Awww cute

12. InaRut

:slight_smile: BTW, I didn't realise at the time that tommorow was the 20th. Honestly where has the time gone by? Anyways, you think that's pretty you should see the (fucking 70$) crystal flower I bought her. It's really really pretty.

And for those who don't know. I am out to my mom already. You think I'd spoil her birthday by comming out to her then? LOL, I'm not that mean of a son.
    Thanks for all the feedback though. Glad you enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

13. otc877

otc877 Guest

I don't know if you already gave this to her, I'm assuming you did since it's the twentieth today, but I have a few suggestions.

First off - awesome job, really creative and well written.

"The grass fields that were only too consist of two items" - Grammar (wrong to/too/two)

"The plant was thorny, the plant was unacceptable, it was queer, and weird." Weird seems out of place and somewhat chokes up the reader's flow. I would suggest removing it entirely as it is a bit redundant with queer in the same list (similar to: the boy was tall, skinny, and slender)

Side-note: When you gave the plant the adjective 'thorny' I was convinced that it would turn out to be a rose and was somewhat disappointed when it didn't. The reason why: a rose bears both beauty in the flower (beauty with being yourself - gay) and the thorns that come with the flower (homophobes.)

Let us know how she liked it. Once again I really thought you did a great job in writing this and I hope you find my suggestions helpful :slight_smile:

14. InaRut

Well she loved the story when I gave it to her (and I caught alot of the mistakes (I hope) second time around editting it). And Thorny was suppose to be a play on words with Horny. Because Promiscuity was one of moms problems. Also the Queer bit...another play on words. And I did say a small flower...never identified it. So it could be a tulip to a rose, you just don't know *WINK.*

Well partially the gift I gave her was closer to a crystal Poppy then a rose. IT's really pretty I'll try and find a picture for it.

But, thank you for all the comments :grin:

15. otc877

otc877 Guest

Glad to hear she liked it :slight_smile:

She's lucky to have a son like you

16. InaRut

I know right?
    LOL

...Is all just brownie points for Christmas :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. otc877

otc877 Guest

Hahaha nice ulterior motive :slight_smile:

18. Grof142007

lol brownie points... i need some of those

19. Sorkadubane

Oh wow thats so sweet do u mind if i used your idea thats an amazing way to give a gift. Very thoughtful of you.(&&&)

20. InaRut

Of course I don't mind :slight_smile:
    I'd do anything for a pretty face